OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone experimented with TSS and a flush choke ?

Started by topnotch, June 28, 2023, 09:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topnotch

I am wanting to use my CZ Bobwhite 12 gauge this fall, but with  flush mount chokes. Do they ( flush choke tubes for TSS) exists or has anyone shot TSS with the factory full chokes with any success ?

Candyman

I started my TSS journey with an Encore 12ga and an Indian creek choke tube. It was ridiculously tight. I hunted with it one season then went to a Flush factory Full choke. Nice even pattern out to 40. I hunted this setup several seasons before buying a 20ga barrel.

Try the flush full, you will be happy.

runngun

It will absolutely work percent.  I have shot TSS out of my CZ Sharptail 20 gauge with the factory full choke in one Barrel and Modified in the other. Works all the way and farther than I will shoot at a turkey.  Really no need to spend the extra money on chokes unless you want to shoot a super tight pattern.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

BandedSpur

Absolutely yes. No special choke required for a good hunting pattern.

topnotch

Thanks all, that's what I was hoping to hear.
I was thinking if anything the patterns would tighten up using TSS loads, especially Federal with their flightcontrol wadding.
But sometimes I read too much and start down the wrong path.

BandedSpur

Quote from: topnotch on June 29, 2023, 01:11:57 PM
Thanks all, that's what I was hoping to hear.
I was thinking if anything the patterns would tighten up using TSS loads, especially Federal with their flightcontrol wadding.
But sometimes I read too much and start down the wrong path.

If you want tight patterns, I would personally avoid those shells. They can be made to pattern well, but generally take a good deal of choke to do so, contrary to company rhetoric.