OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 500 Super Bantam youth turkey gun

Started by Muzzy61, June 20, 2023, 01:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzzy61

Wanted to add a 20 gauge to the family and ran across a good deal on this gun. Curious as to what choke and constriction anyone that has one is using. Plan on using #9 TSS. Not sure what the constriction of the X-Full choke that came with it is.  I'm not wanting a super tight pattern as most of my shots tend to be in the 20 to 25 yard range. Haven't shot it yet and the choke that came with it might be ok, I just wanted to see what every one else was using.

Thanks for any input.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

firedup

I had an early model of that gun and it was an invector choke.  ALOT of options out there from almost every maker and price point. I tried several but went with a Pure Gold .570 and it was a shooter. If your shots are 40 and under the factory choke will probably be fine using TSS. Should be alot of info on here for that gun if you search.

Ridge Rooster

Got same gun and went with a Indian Creek .555 for a pattern of 300 in 10" 200 plus in 20". I did have issues with this gun for some reason and actually had to slightly modify my handload to get the 300 count I was looking for. I also have a 510 Bantam with 18.5" barrel that was far less picky for some reason?? I use a .562 Indian Creek in it and get 325 in 10" patterns with my un-modified handload.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

hawkeye1958

I went with a .575 Non Ported Carlson.

Very happy with it.