turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Homemade turkey display

Started by Ctate94, June 20, 2023, 12:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctate94

Killed my first two this year on opening day. Made a homemade display out of some cedar. Pretty happy how it turned out considering I had not idea what I was doing.

Any thoughts?

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

zelmo1

RLAG

Just a heads up, SC only allows 1 bird in the first 10 days of the season unless you hopped states

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Ctate94

Quote from: RLAG on June 20, 2023, 02:52:29 PM
Just a heads up, SC only allows 1 bird in the first 10 days of the season unless you hopped states

One in SC one in Ga

RLAG

Good deal congrats

guesswho

Looks good.    I may would have added something in the middle of that wood that covers the fan at the base.   Something like one of the turkeys skulls that had been bleached. , or a picture of you with one of the turkeys.   Just a thought, but looks good as is.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

rifleman

Looks great with not a lot of money invested.

GobbleGitr

Great way to honor the birds and enjoy the memories

Hook hanger

Looks great! But a picture in middle if you had one would be a nice touch.

Turkeybutt

Good Job! Thanks for sharing.

Lone Star Eastern

Very well done! So you killed one in SC and GA, in the same day?! Cold blooded killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crow

Congrats on your gobblers and your display, nice work it looks good.

I agree the center square of wood looks out of place, too bulky without anything on it.
maybe keep cutting the corners off to an octagon shape. the bottom of your cedar flares out like the base of a tree, you could shape the centers square to match it.

if you have any breast feathers you could put 3 fanned out or just 1 on it and see how it looks, or some woodburning on it.

"Tal" suggested hanging the snoods off of it, but I think that might be a little tacky myself.

3bailey3

Which state did you have to put the tag on? bad Azz to kill your first two birds on the same day in different states, Congrats! The only problem I see with the mounts is the fan is not straight at the bottom, I did a bunch like this then a guy showed me how to get the straight the bottom! The cedar looks great.

3bailey3

This is what I am talking straight at the bottom.