turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hackers! Please read and spread the word

Started by mastevt, June 11, 2023, 11:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastevt

Im posting this on here because I guess this is where I post the most, so if admin doesn't approve, feel free to delete it, but this I think will help all.

I recently was hacked on Facebook.  I was contacted by a customer on Messenger using the calling feature, which happens from time to time.  So I answered, and this is how I think I was hacked.  Another customer texted me on my phone asking if I would send him a code number that he could use to re establish his account.  I said I did not.  Another customer and some family members started contacting me that I had messaged them that I needed help and money.  People!  These  hackers are smart!  Just so everyone knows, I will never ask for help, I will never ask for money, and I will never try and call you on Messenger!!!!  I recently got a message on Tapatalk about these very examples.  So these guys have somehow managed to even get into my messages on Tapatalk.   So, Please Everyone!  Be diligent!  Donot open anything, even if they are in
your contacts.  Make a phone call to them to veryify it 1st.  Same goes for answering Messenger calls.  Hopefully this will help any of you.  I lost my FB account, because he has changed my password, and thus I can't even get on my Call page there.  I'm deeply saddened on this.  Loosing all my customer contacts on Messenger and on my Facebook call page private messages.  Please be careful!!!!!   Feel free to copy and paste this to wherever you feel where you think this can help others!
Protect yourself from these Malicious people!!!!!!!!

Greg Massey

Thanks for sharing... Shannon has been busy today also deleting scammers on the forum....

Lcmacd 58

That's terrible.....
I had it happen on here a while back
Everyone needs to be careful....

Sir-diealot

Sorry to hear that bud. I actually got in touch with my sister yesterday and asked her if we knew somebody that had sent me a friend request and was from the area we grew up. Turned out to be the daughter of someone that was our mothers friend so I accepted. I do not accept many people anymore on Facebroke because of all the problems, I have a ton of people there but only from when I first started and I am going through and getting rid of many of them.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

sbbow

I sure hope everything works out for you !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wvgobbler

This world is getting ridiculous... It's not safe to swipe your bank card anywhere either anymore. Me and my wife have been hacked 3 times within the last year.... I don't know how they do it but man it's getting bad. I've never seen so much hacking my whole life. I'm on Mathews brotherhood and it's something on there all the time. Hope all goes well for you.

outdoors

Now , on the news they say, the hackers are coming up with a recording of voices too mimicking your friends and relatives.  , If it does sound like you're brother needing help
Your going to help    , LOOK OUT
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

310 gauge

My Wife and I stopped by a computer store yesterday for some batteries and the two salesmen heard us talking about going to Church today. They asked if we used our cell phones to pull up scripture, but I told him I take my Bible. They said not to use the King James version of the scriptures because they had been infected with a virus! Seems nothing is sacred these days from this evil.   

G-dub

Wife had same thing happen last week.  We had to change passwords on several accounts and create a new email to use for FB.  Fortunately, we were finally able to re-establish the account and all the contacts were still there.
I will never understand why people go through so much trouble, just to make others suffer.

kayl

Quote from: G-dub on June 12, 2023, 08:02:06 AM
Wife had same thing happen last week.  We had to change passwords on several accounts and create a new email to use for FB.  Fortunately, we were finally able to re-establish the account and all the contacts were still there.
I will never understand why people go through so much trouble, just to make others suffer.

How were you able to reclaim your account? Scott and I were on the phone trying this weekend and couldn't get it done.

silvestris

I call for help; I call for money.  I get no positive responses.  What gives?
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

kayl