turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

cheekpiece?

Started by Franklin7x57, June 02, 2023, 07:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franklin7x57

years ago I had a mossberg 500 slug gun with removeable cheekpieces. If you used iron sights or scope there was a cheekpiece that gave a good cheekweld. Does or why doesn't someone make a stock like this for a turkey gun?
I tried the slip on ones like blackhawk makes but didn't feel right, I ended up using layers of duct tape, foam and wrapped with self sticking "bandage wrap". It feels great but would be easier and neater looking from the factory.

Scottf270

Company named Victor has some that comes with 2 shims. You drill into top of stock and add shims as needed. I'm getting one for my Stevens 301. Do a search and look for a video on how to install. About $40 bucks.

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Ridge Rooster

I use GodaGrip on numerous turkey guns. Have had one on a Benelli SteadyGrip SBE for 15 years or so.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

bbcoach

Check out Beartooth Comb Raising Kit.  I put one on my 835 to tame cheek slap.  Neoprene with different thicknesses of foam and they come in black, brown and camo for about $20.  Raises my line of sight for a good cheek weld for my red dot and tames the cheek slap.

turkey_picker

Quote from: bbcoach on July 20, 2023, 07:57:19 PM
Check out Beartooth Comb Raising Kit.  I put one on my 835 to tame cheek slap.  Neoprene with different thicknesses of foam and they come in black, brown and camo for about $20.  Raises my line of sight for a good cheek weld for my red dot and tames the cheek slap.

Another vote for Beartooth. I have these on both my turkey guns that have red dots sighs.

lunghit

Accu-riser makes a bunch to chose from. Top gun in the pic is an Accu-riser on my 12 gauge.

https://accu-riser.com/
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Bowguy

I use beartooth than run tape around it  I don't need to it's just something I do. I tape the recoil pad sides too to aid in snapping guns up wingshooting so I certainly don't care about a little something makes life easier. It's a work gun, that's how I use/treat it.

fmf

Depending on what gun you're talking about, you may be able to get a magpul sga stock. They have different size cheek risers available. Ive got one on a mossberg 510 mini and it is a great stock

Ive also got that beartooth on another gun and im not a fan at all