Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Could not take it any more (Pattern Pic added)

Started by davisd9, July 03, 2011, 12:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Been thinking about getting a new turkey gun for next season.  Been looking at a Mossberg 835 at walmart for a month or so and finally broke down and got it yesterday for $327 plus tax, about $350 all together.  It has the 24" barrell.  I am going to put my star dot in it.  Going to pattern some Mag blends in it.  Tomorrow I am going to deep clean the barrell per Mr. Clark's instructions on allaboutshooting.  Will post pictures as it comes along.  Here is a picture of it before I begin getting it together:

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

gatrkyhntr70

Nice shooter; Im a remington 870 fan but cant help but want one after seeing all the nasty patterns from them posted here on OG.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Gold Spur

Congrats on your new turkey killer!  :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

mossy835

I hope you have as good luck as I did with mine it is a shooter!!

chatterbox

Awesome gun! One piece of advice. I would get a limbsaver for that bad boy, especially if you're gonna shoot mag blends through her.
I love mine. Best decision I made picking one up!

allaboutshooting

A beautiful gun that should work well for you for many, many years of hunting. Congratulations!

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

econo

May God bless you all

beagler

The 835's are the best patterning guns out there in my opinion! I shoot a Rhino .695 in my and get fantastic results. Best of Luck!
Never Misses

davisd9

I have an 835 already but am going to retire it.  It just had a wood stock.  Might still use it for deer.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ILIKEHEVI-13

I looked at one after midnight at my local Walmart while I was getting groceries.  It looks like yours.  But the barrel may be longer.  I like it.  Those 835's shoot better than any gun that I have owned period.  Some may not like them, but mine has yet to fail me. 

Congrats on your purchase.  You did very well.  I know you can't buy em cheaper than that new.   :icon_thumright:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

gobblergls

That's one gun that can really benefit from the Knoxx Spec Ops stock, especially if you plan on shooting heavy loads.  Otherwise, prepare for pain at the pattern board.  The Limbsaver does help,  however.

chatterbox

Quote from: gobblergls on July 04, 2011, 09:46:49 AM
That's one gun that can really benefit from the Knoxx Spec Ops stock, especially if you plan on shooting heavy loads.  Otherwise, prepare for pain at the pattern board.  The Limbsaver does help,  however.
If you go Knoxx, remember you cannot mount a conventional tube scope. You will get mashed in the head. If you plan on open sights or a red dot, it will work very well.

Old Gobbler

I had one many moons ago, I purchased one a year or two after they first came out , back in 90' I think-
The 835 has many built in features to the barrel and can be made to shoot like a champ -

I only wish they had the newer recoil pads like they have today , that would have saved me from the pounding I would get -  I had a scope on mine and that thing cut me 5 stitches wide on my brow, glad it wasn't my retina

I think the newer type recoil pads should be a standard feature on any 3.5 chamber gun - the new pads work so well
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon