turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Poult sightings 2023

Started by bossgobbler, May 31, 2023, 09:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bossgobbler

I would like to start a poult sighting thread. It's always interesting and exciting to hear about and read about what others are seeing. If anyone would like to participate I'd be happy to read about it! Let's post about our poult news here. Hoping for a great 2023 hatch nationwide!

zelmo1

Saw my first poults on 5/30, but the hen only had 2/3. Z

Cowboy

Got this pic around middle of May. Only was 4 that I can tell. Pretty early for our area. Usually don't see them like that. 

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Paulmyr

The lead polt in that middle pic looks like he's bout ready to bust into strutt!!!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Twowithone

I'll keep my peeled for any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

bossgobbler

I am hearing of a few people seeing some. I assume many are still incubating. Anyone seeing any? Share some pics and news if so!

TauntoHawk

I have been seeing solo hens but no poults mostly in the afternoon hoping that means they are still sitting in NY. I'd like to think the 16 racoons I took off my 155 acres this year gave them a good chance to hatch.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lone Star Eastern

I was very excited to see about a dozen poults with one mama back in the first week of May here in ETX. I have plans to meet that landowner in July, and I hope they are aware of them, and able to tell me if they are surviving or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim K

Saw two different broods today. The one hen had eight poults. I'm not sure how many the other one had. I got a quick glimpse of two poults. My wife saw a hen yesterday in our yard with 8-10. Very encouraging.

Shiloh

Two groups this afternoon.  One had 2 hens and 2 flying size poults.  The other had 2 hens and 5 flying poults. 

deerhunt1988

One hen with 8+ Itty bitty ones yesterday. Saw a few other hens with none.

Clif Owen

I've been seeing one or two hens a few times a week...might be the same hen. She seems to be alone but one day, she acted like she might have been with poults. She kind of looked like she was sheltering some with her wings dropped. May have been my imagination too. Was a little rainy that day.

dirtnap

Saw 2 groups yesterday.  1 group of 3 hens had 25 at least.  Saw another hen with 10.  All were chicken sized and could fly.

I have seen a few other groups in the last couple weeks.  This is coastal SC.

hawkeye1958

Saw a hen with poults today in SE Iowa. We don't have a heavy turkey population in my county and kind of unusual to see them.

Chris

bossgobbler

Finally seeing a few. Can't get a good count yet. Hens are keeping them pretty well hidden. Hoping everyone is catching some glimpses of poults and hope!