OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Never give up!

Started by Old Timer, May 30, 2023, 05:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

Its a good thing your Misses understands who you are and gave you that little nudge.

Congratulations.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Brianb3006

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old Timer

Quote from: Paulmyr on May 30, 2023, 09:10:16 PM
Its a good thing your Misses understands who you are and gave you that little nudge.

Congratulations.
We have been together close to 50 years now so she gets it. My drive for the outdoors was hard on her early on when we had young ones. Although she has always appreciated me filling the freezer. And the nudges are a nice gesture on her part at times I need it. Thanks

Paulmyr

Quote from: Old Timer on May 30, 2023, 09:32:28 PM
Quote from: Paulmyr on May 30, 2023, 09:10:16 PM

Congratulations.
We have been together close to 50 years now so she gets it. My drive for the outdoors was hard on her early on when we had young ones. Although she has always appreciated me filling the freezer. And the nudges are a nice gesture on her part at times I need it. Thanks

Not many men are as lucky.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Wigsplitter

Wow!! Way to hang in there! I remember seeing your post not long ago that you had hunted several pieces of property and had hunted nearly every day and had only worked one bird - congratulations on sticking it out !! Nothing like a last minute season saver!!

Old Timer

Thank you. It was quite a day!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Turkeybutt

Perseverance and patience has killed many a bird!
I know next year you will listen to your wife again. Good for her for telling you to get your butt out in the woods.
Congratulations on your Last Minute Bird.

zelmo1

Perfect end to the season bro, congrats. Z

fishr64

Congratulations Old Timer on the last day success!! Hopefully your eye appointment goes well today too.

JeffC

Congrats and hope you can take the wife out for her favorite dinner. 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

crow

Great job man, congratulations on your late season gobbler

DROCK

Tnandy

Congratulations on your bird and for the reminder of our need for patience, and mixing up our calling. These late season hunts can sure be tougher. Praying that all is well with the eye. Thank the Lord for a good wife!

Old Timer

Went to doctor this morning. I developed a big floater in left eye, very irritating. Had cataract surgery in fall. They were concerned about retina tear but all is well. I can live with the floater hoping it calms down. The Doctor told me things to watch and be aware of. Last day of season here and I had time to get out but after eye dilation I thought better of it. Thankful it was not more serious. Thanks everyone for your concern.