OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Never give up!

Started by Old Timer, May 30, 2023, 05:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

After 25 days of hunting I had no intention of hunting today. My left eye has been bothering me and The doc wants to see me in the morning. The misses said you still have time this morning it will be your last chance. I responded by the time I get where I want to set up I`ll have 2 hours, why not.
I slipped around a fields edge and set up about 50 yards from a duster. Did some cutting, purrs and yelping on a glass call. Nothing. I had to convince myself to chill out as I wanted to move so bad. Frustration was getting to me. Knowing my best option was to relax and stay put I slipped a ghost cut in my mouth for an old trick. I did a series of kee kee runs and shut up. I was about 10 yards in the hardwoods looking into a cut field. About 10 minutes later he slipped in out of a green field quiet. Never gobbled. My 1st opportunity of the season. Last hour of the last day I could hunt. I lined the swamp fox reticle on his neck. 1st time using the 20.The Apex 20 ga 3inch #8`s rolled him dead at 28 yards. I was elated. After respecting the bird and thanking the good Lord I called my wife and said were having turkey fajitas tomorrow!

Greg Massey

Congratulations on your gobbler

jshark14

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

Way to stick with it, some days it just gets hard to keep going especially after some frustrating days!

guesswho

Well played.  Congrats, and good luck with the eye issue.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

sswv

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

GobbleNut

Those last-minute birds when you have already thrown in the towel are some of the most rewarding and remembered!  Congratulations,...and way to stick it out until the very end! 

b wilt

runngun

Congratulations!! Keep us posted on your eye issues!!! Will definitely send up a prayer for you.

Have a good one, Bocephus

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

vt35mag

Way to grind it out, it isn't over until its over.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tom007

Nice job! Perseverance and a "never quit" attitude payed off. You deserve that bird, congrats!!!

Old Timer

Thanks gentlemen. It just all came together today.

Remington700

tad1

WTG, can't kill 'em from the bed! 
  JT