OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Got skunked in Montana

Started by Gooserbat, May 30, 2023, 10:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Yep, didn't take a bird in Montana, Cousin Keefton did though.  We both did get one in WA and ID.  Had a great trip saw lots of critters that we don't have in Oklahoma (moose) and I rode in a plane for the first time. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

grayfox

Congrats on a great trip. Those birds & the landscape are beautiful. No big deal on getting skunked. I should have a white stripe down my back by now.

turkey stew

Congrats on an awesome trip! Always dreamed about going out west.

turkeymanjim

Congratulations on your hunts. Always good to hunt unfamiliar territory in other states.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

ybuck

wow, getting skunked in that landscape would make it alot easier to take...

congratulations on your other birds...great photos as well

zelmo1

Sounds like a great trip even so Sam. Beautiful country. And, it gives you an excuse to go back. Z

Wigsplitter

Nice job Sam- that west country is beautiful I can only imagine killing a turkey while seeing those sights from the setup!! One day I'm gonna make that loop!!

Cowboy

Congrats on your western gobblers. I got skunked in Montana as well. Brother Jesse got one though. We were there 3 days and a wakeup. Beautiful country though. Loved it.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

JeffC

Congrats to you and your cousin on a great trip in beautiful country. At least you didnt run into anything that wants to eat you!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tom007

joey46

DROCK

Congrats! Looks beautiful out there.

WV Flopper

Nice trip! A little different landscape from what I seen in western Oklahoma.

Greg Massey

mcw3734

Nice!   I'm from Boise and remember talking to you over the phone 1 or 2 years ago asking for your advice on mouth calls (which was spot on, by the way!). You asked me a few questions about turkeys out this way and that you were thinking about a trip. Glad you made it happen!