turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2023 Northeast Call Makers Summit and Guns N Lobster Bash

Started by Sir-diealot, May 26, 2023, 07:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

They changed the dates, the following information has the new information.

TURKEY CALL MAKERS SUMMIT...... New Date Saturday September 9, 2023 from 10 - 5 pm!  In the hopes of improving attendance we are moving this event to a weekend.  The 'Guns-n-Lobster Bash' is still on for August 26 and is Sold-Out!
  The price for the Summit will be the same as last year.  CallMaker Vendor Tables are $100 and include our popular 'Wood~Fired Italian Buffet'!  Turkey Call Collector Day-Passes are $40 and also include the Buffet.
  To reserve your CallMaker Vendor Table or Collector Day-Passes please post your requests below.  Limited lodging for Call Makers  will be available @ Turkey Trot on Saturday the 9th.  First come first served for lodging!
  CallMakers VIP Package ..... Saturday Night Lodging, Dinner, Breakfast, Refreshments and Vendor Table Fee.  All Inclusive $300/pp   
  You can also message us on Facebook, call us @ 607-659-7849 or
email us turkeytrot@frontiernet.net  Hope to see you @ The Trot!
  TurkeyTrotAcres.Com   Stay tuned for more details on this very special gathering of Wild Turkey Folks! 
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

troutfisher13111

Where did you see that posted?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Terry on May 29, 2023, 03:21:42 PM
Where did you see that posted?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On their Facebroke page as well as their webpage. You're welcome.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

CUSTOM TURKEY CALLMAKERS......... So far we only have four callmakers confirmed for the 'Turkey Hunter's Summit' on Friday August 25 ( Thank You........ Marlin Watkins, Mike Lapp, Jimmy Schaffer and Nathan Taylor).

Please refer to earlier posts on this Facebook page for details about this unique event!  You can respond to this notice if you plan on joining us.........

Pete and Sherry

John Koenig:

vt35mag

Attendance was down last year, but I hope more sign up. I always have a good time, and looking forward to it this year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: vt35mag on June 28, 2023, 09:02:48 PM
Attendance was down last year, but I hope more sign up. I always have a good time, and looking forward to it this year.

Yes it was but it was the first time back after COVID and I wonder if that had people concerned about money and perhaps that's why it was down? No evidence to that notion, just a theory. I've been to a couple of the big conventions and I definitely prefer the atmosphere of Turkey Trot Acres over that insanity.

John Koenig:

Spring Creek Calls

This venue is by far the best way to get a call directly from the callmakers. No big crowd to fight (limited advance tickets)  and you can actually hear the call you're playing. The picture below is just the callmakers (plus Pete and Sherry Clare) that attended prior to Covid. I pray it can return to those numbers.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on June 29, 2023, 11:44:33 AM
This venue is by far the best way to get a call directly from the callmakers. No big crowd to fight (limited advance tickets)  and you can actually hear the call you're playing. The picture below is just the callmakers (plus Pete and Sherry Clare) that attended prior to Covid. I pray it can return to those numbers.

Sure hope so, it is better than those big impersonal ones I have been to and the food is great.

John Koenig:

TauntoHawk

I've tried to make it to at least 3 of these and something has always come up. I'll keep the date in mind and just maybe I'll be able to make this one work out.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sir-diealot

Quote from: TauntoHawk on June 30, 2023, 05:49:21 PM
I've tried to make it to at least 3 of these and something has always come up. I'll keep the date in mind and just maybe I'll be able to make this one work out.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Hope to see you there.

John Koenig:

vt35mag

Looks like they moved the call makers summit to Saturday September 9th

doublespurs21

i also just saw that on the facebook page,,,,,,,,,,, maybe i'll can go this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Spring Creek Calls

I hope that can add to the vendor list, would love to see some trumpet turners there.

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Sir-diealot

That means I'll have to wait another 2 weeks to cheat on my diet and those Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies that have been in my freezer since May are really calling to me. I'll have to change my candy bar order too, The Coffee Crisp and Mint Aero Bars are a part of my cheat weekend every Call Makers Summit.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Oh darn, just realized I am not going to be able to go then, I scheduled my surgery for Sept. 1 so I could got the week before when it was set for, I can't change it or I will have to wait another 2 months for surgery. That totally bites!

John Koenig: