OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I know I know. It’s not a turkey. Georgia Alligator

Started by Bustabeak, May 23, 2023, 10:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustabeak

We have an alligator quota drawing every year in Georgia. I was fortunate after 6 years to finally draw a tag. Never imagined I'd be able to harvest this big fella. He was 11'2". I honestly went in hoping for 8' and would have been completely elated with that! My buddy Steven was able to tag along and video it for me. Can't wait to do it again! I've got the hide at a tannery and my goal is to eventually have some
Boots made out of the hide. I took my skull to a guy here in Georgia, skull millworks and had a metallic coating painted over the European mount. The skull was 24" long itself. It was a great experience.

Watch the  video here! https://youtu.be/JZbW7_eocyM

3bailey3

lunghit

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Turkeybutt

Congatulations on a fine looking gator.
Can't wait for my invite to come down for some gator nuggets!

Tom007

zelmo1

JeffC

Congrats on a dinosaur! glad we don't have them up here.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

idratherb

Bustabeak

Quote from: idratherb on May 24, 2023, 09:39:02 AM
I luv boots!!!! Size 11 please

After pricing the boots, it may take me a few years to save up for them! ????????????

Bustabeak

runngun

Glad you had a great time!!! That is a good one, thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

squidd

Definitely a labor of love to go gator hunting and more labor the larger they are!!

Awesome looking skull and like the use of the treble hook.

tad1

I really like that unique presentation, both the snatch hook, as well as the coloration of the skull.
    Great job
   JT

Bustabeak

Quote from: squidd on May 25, 2023, 05:26:36 AM
Definitely a labor of love to go gator hunting and more labor the larger they are!!

Awesome looking skull and like the use of the treble hook.

I went in paying for a 10 footer. But like you said, everything was harder because it was so big. If I'm able to do it again, I'd like an 8-10' max just for the ease of everything. I got some weird looks fleshing the hide of a 11' gator with a pressure washer from my neighbors. ????

Bustabeak

Quote from: tad1 on May 25, 2023, 10:00:36 AM
I really like that unique presentation, both the snatch hook, as well as the coloration of the skull.
    Great job
   JT

I knew going in I wanted that color. He's got some very cool color configurations including actual rust.  I'd followed skull millworks for about 3 years in hopes I'd draw a tag. And finally did. He was the first person I called! ????