OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning Dura touch removal

Started by slave601, May 21, 2023, 01:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slave601

I've got a browning gold 12 gauge that has the dreaded dura touch on it. It's peeling off and doing the infamous sticky feel. I plan on cleaning it off somehow and having a local guy dip the stock and forearm for me. Anyone have any advice on what to use to remove the dura touch? Doesn't matter if it takes the original camo off or not being it's going to be re dipped. Thanks
"thinnin the flock"

sasquatch1

Rubbing alcohol and a scotchbrite pad

Duratouch has got to be one of the biggest fails ever. It fails on everyone eventually.

I've had a browning, CVA, and a Sako coating fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lunghit

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

2flyfish4

My gold did the same thing. Krud kutter from home depot in the painting section cleaned it up without hurting the shadow grass dip below it.

slave601

"thinnin the flock"

Kyle_Ott

Browning was sued regarding Duratouch defects and they lost.

Initially they were blaming gun owners for using inappropriate solvents and oils but findings indicated otherwise.

The results of the lawsuit were that Browning is now responsible for all duratouch repair and replacement applications on firearms with issues.

You should not be incurring any loss of your time or your own money to fix that gun.  Send it to Browning and have them fix it. 

mastevt

This stuff does wonders on adhesives!  I've used it for years.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

2flyfish4

Quote from: Kyle_Ott on May 21, 2023, 08:40:05 AM
Browning was sued regarding Duratouch defects and they lost.

Initially they were blaming gun owners for using inappropriate solvents and oils but findings indicated otherwise.

The results of the lawsuit were that Browning is not responsible for all duratouch repair and replacement applications on firearms with issues.

You should not be incurring any loss of your time or your own money to fix that gun.  Send it to Browning and have them fix it.

That is true, when I called browning several years ago about it they offered to fix it for free. The problem was the turn around time was like 6 months.

chipper

I contacted browning and sent my gun in, they stripped and re dipped the gun and sent it back to me around 3 months later, looks like a new gun.

J-Shaped

Quote from: chipper on May 21, 2023, 09:05:40 AM
I contacted browning and sent my gun in, they stripped and re dipped the gun and sent it back to me around 3 months later, looks like a new gun.

This. Did the same as have others I know. All details on the process can be found here. I would recommend giving them a call first.

https://duratouchsupport.browning.com/

Goodtimekiller

I sent a gun in not long ago and turnaround was less than 6 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treein dixie

Send it back they will fix it for free!  Quick turn around to!

RiverBuck

I too have known about this issue for years.. basically because I own a Hell's Canyon with duratouch. My stock if fine but the day it goes south I plan on sending it back to Browning. The thought of trying to do it myself or paying someone to dip my rifle hasn't ever crossed my mind.

Yoder409

Quote from: chipper on May 21, 2023, 09:05:40 AM

Same.  My Super X3.

Took a little time.  But TOTALLY worth the end result !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

slave601

Browning quoted me 3-6 month turnaround that's why I opted to just do it myself
"thinnin the flock"