OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

seat mods for ALPS Grand Slam

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, May 20, 2023, 08:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

The seat on my ALPS Grand Slam came off last year so this year I carried a turkey chair.  After carrying the turkey chair this season I'm  thinking about fixing the Grand Slam.  Unlike most, I like the kickstand frame.  I know some folks have modified seats on their Grand Slams.  I'd really appreciate seeing or hearing about the mods.  Also, my kickstand feet came off.  Can I get feet to replace the originals or just get a replacement kickstand frame?  Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

aclawrence

I got rid of the kickstand right away. Alps makes a self supporting seat like the one that comes with their impact vest. There's a few spots I hunt where I know there may not be a good tree so I'll stick this seat in the back of my vest. The rest of the time I use the seat that comes with the grand slam. Undid the speed seat mod to it where you run elastic webbing through it and it helps you flip it up and down. I still use the little factory straps to lock it in place while in the move. I'm pretty happy with the whole set up.

Meleagris gallopavo

I'm not familiar with the speed seat mod.

aclawrence

Just made a real quick video showing what I did.
I guess I'll have to upload the video to YouTube and post a link here. It's basically some elastic webbing sewed to the vest, through the seat, and back to the vest. It lets you flip it up and down quickly. I probably need to redo soon. I think my elastic is getting stretched out.

aclawrence

sixbird

I had a zipper installed on my seat by a taylor. Used the hardboard the comes with seat to protect from punctures and put a wheelbarrow inner tube, underinflated, into seat pocket.
A little weight but, man, is that thing COMFORTABLE!
Maybe not for everybody or for every application but I do WAY more sitting than I do walking.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: aclawrence on May 20, 2023, 01:16:56 PM
https://youtu.be/pueaUihbrB8

Fantastic!  Can't get any better help than that!  Thanks!

NCL

grayfox

aclawrence

Thanks guys that was just a real quick video. Hope it was helpful.

slave601

Quote from: aclawrence on May 21, 2023, 08:39:41 PM
Thanks guys that was just a real quick video. Hope it was helpful.

Great video! Thanks!
"thinnin the flock"