turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Apex green leaf/franchi affinity 20

Started by slave601, May 15, 2023, 06:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slave601

I have a franchi affinity 20 gauge with a fast fire 4 egw mount Indian creek .562 choke. I ordered some apex 9s and got it dialed in. Well I ordered 2 boxes of the apex green leaf 9x10 mix. I shot several shells and the green leaf shot all over the place. Never could get it to dial in and stay put. This is shooting out of a lead sled. So I thought maybe my sight is off or something. Put a couple of apex 9s down the barrel. Nope! The 9s were dead on. Has anyone seen a shell do what the green leaf 9x10s do?
"thinnin the flock"

Borden811

A lot have people have had those issues with the Winchester Longbeard shells, but that's a whole different ball of wax. Can say I've ever seen it happen with tss shells.

slave601

Is it possible for a shell to do this? It was honestly like a bad grouping like a rifle shell. Never seen that before
"thinnin the flock"

Greg Massey

That shell could possibly not like that restriction of the 562 choke ... with that mix of  9/10 ....

slave601

It was a dang good pattern. It just shot high and to the right one shot. The next shot may have been low and to the left. I shot those mix blends several times and each time was something different. The straight 9s were dead on. I wasted a lot of shells thinking it was my set up like the mount or sight being off when I guess it was just the shells. I've been patterning a long time and I've ever seen shotgun shells do that
"thinnin the flock"

sasquatch1

Not a shell diff

But I sighted in an M2 the other day. Dialed in, then changed choke tubes to a sumtoy, shot same great pattern but 14" low with that choke

I couldn't believe it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro