OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sitka Turkey Vest Hydration Bladder

Started by Hoytboy247, May 11, 2023, 02:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoytboy247

Those of you who have an Equinox vest and use a hydration bladder, which bladder do you use and how well does it work?

J-Shaped

I used the Eberlestock 2L and it worked great. No issues.

Sir-diealot

I do not own this but the one thing I will say is buy quality or you will regret it in the long run. I have had several cheaper ones leak on me and I will never buy another one of the BPS branded ones as long as I live. I pretty much only buy the CamelBak ones for my stuff. I have been using their Crux 3l bladder for 4 years now with no problems. https://www.camelbak.com/recreation/shop/reservoirs/crux-3l-reservoir/CB-1228.html?dwvar_CB-1228_color=Blue

Also I picked up a milspec one for my vest if I can ever get back to the point I can use one.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Archivist13

I have been using the cheap Walmart bladder for a couple years (deer and turkey) and haven't had any issues. I do want to invest in a better one though before it does end up leaking. For those of you who do use a hydration bladder, how do you clean it and how often?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Archivist13 on May 11, 2023, 08:30:50 PM
I have been using the cheap Walmart bladder for a couple years (deer and turkey) and haven't had any issues. I do want to invest in a better one though before it does end up leaking. For those of you who do use a hydration bladder, how do you clean it and how often?
Just soap and water normally every time I use it or if used in successive days then after I am done using it. My uncle does a lot of those ex military personnel triathlons and uses these and he said instead of using the expensive tablets that Camalbak sells just use a couple of Alka-Seltzer tablets. He has been doing marathons and the sort for 30 years so he knows what he is talking about.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Mossberg90MN

I just bought a cheap one from Walmart. I normal have one I use that I bought off Amazon. Nothing fancy... but I lost a part for it since last season so the day before the current season I stopped over at Walmart and just grabbed what they had.

So far it's been pretty good. Fits well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdrumnc

I bought a cheap amazon green one.  It worked and was a nice addition. No issues!

Archivist13

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 11, 2023, 11:00:19 PM
Just soap and water normally every time I use it or if used in successive days then after I am done using it. My uncle does a lot of those ex military personnel triathlons and uses these and he said instead of using the expensive tablets that Camalbak sells just use a couple of Alka-Seltzer tablets. He has been doing marathons and the sort for 30 years so he knows what he is talking about.

Thanks for the advice! I'll try it.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Archivist13 on May 12, 2023, 07:07:14 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 11, 2023, 11:00:19 PM

Thanks for the advice! I'll try it.
You're welcome.

John Koenig:

Jester87

I use a Gregory 2L 3D hydro bladder bought off amazon. The bladder back is designed to rest flat against your back, no bulge. Very comfy.

Swapped hose and bite valve with a military camelbak one and shortened hose to eliminate excess bulk in the vest.