OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Honest Opinion on Pictures

Started by Sir-diealot, May 11, 2023, 01:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: guesswho on May 11, 2023, 05:08:57 PM
You asked why my choices were in the order they were.   Actually 2 and 3 were a tossup.  I like to zoom in and see detail.   Zoom in on #1 and look at the chest of the gobblers.   It just looks black with no separation of colors.   Now zoom in on the other two.   I can see the black tips and the other colors.  And it looks even slightly more pronounced in #2.
Thanks bud, I do appreciate it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Jordan121787

#3. #2 looks over saturated especially in the green and #1 is too dark

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Jordan121787 on May 11, 2023, 05:25:40 PM
#3. #2 looks over saturated especially in the green and #1 is too dark
Thank you much, I feel the same way, I think both 2 and 3 are too bright.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Tom007

I think they look good Steve.....thx for sharing

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

g8rvet

#1 looks exactly like what it was - 3 hens on an overcast day.

To my eye (and it looks like I am in the minority) I see too much orange and not enough feather details in #3 and much prefer #2.  Like someone up thread said, it may be my monitor too.  #3 looks a tad too bright, even though I get the grass is a little washed out in 2, but my eye goes to the birds. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: g8rvet on May 11, 2023, 07:54:48 PM
#1 looks exactly like what it was - 3 hens on an overcast day.

To my eye (and it looks like I am in the minority) I see too much orange and not enough feather details in #3 and much prefer #2.  Like someone up thread said, it may be my monitor too.  #3 looks a tad too bright, even though I get the grass is a little washed out in 2, but my eye goes to the birds.

Thank you, I do appreciate it.

John Koenig:

Zobo

For me seeing the features of the birds is more interesting in this photo, unless you are trying to tell a story with darkness. So I like 3,2,1
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Paulmyr

Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Tail Feathers

First one a bit dark.  Third one just right to my eyes.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Zobo on May 11, 2023, 09:21:54 PM
For me seeing the features of the birds is more interesting in this photo, unless you are trying to tell a story with darkness. So I like 3,2,1

No not at all, it is just how the original came out. I am trying to do my best to show the real colors of the turkey, I fear I went from to dark to to pale though so I want others opinion. The feathers almost look like a pheasant to me for some reason in 2 and 3 lol

Quote from: Paulmyr on May 11, 2023, 09:28:45 PM
I like 3 best.
Thank you much.

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 11, 2023, 09:42:07 PM
First one a bit dark.  Third one just right to my eyes.

Thank you.

John Koenig:

Howieg

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

aclawrence

The first pic does seem a little dark to me. I think somewhere between 2 and 3 would be perfect. Also I'm not a professional photographer so take my opinion with a grain of salt lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: aclawrence on May 12, 2023, 12:02:55 PM
The first pic does seem a little dark to me. I think somewhere between 2 and 3 would be perfect. Also I'm not a professional photographer so take my opinion with a grain of salt lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much, each opinion helps me adjust. I have a problem with bright images (They hurt my eyes) which I recently found out may be because I have the beginnings of Glaucoma so others opinions will help me tune things better. Now with landscape shots I can take 3 images and different brightness settings and combine them to get a better image, I can't do that with a moving object though.

John Koenig: