OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turtle Skin / Boot Question

Started by Snood Life, May 10, 2023, 06:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snood Life

There has been some great threads on the turtle skin gaiters. Even a great video review, but I am curious what boots are every one wearing with them. I have entered a very deep tunnel reading about boots. Wanting to canvas the OG community.

Coop1082

Crispi Summits. Only things I've done special with my turtleskins is ran some shock chord through the bottom with one of those little connectors to help keep them pulled down. They are a little loose on me but I have really skinny calves. Other than that, I've been extremely happy with the combination.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

J-Shaped

I wear them with whatever boot I'm wearing, which can span Lacrosse Burly/Grange rubber knee boots, Asolo hikers, or Lowa Tibet GTX High leather boots. Like Coop1082, I have elastic shock cords run through the bottom of them.

aclawrence

I rotate between a few pairs of Zamberlans. I like the way they fit my feet. I think they would work well with any hiking style boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shatcher

Quote from: Coop1082 on May 10, 2023, 07:53:02 PM
Only things I've done special with my turtleskins is ran some shock chord through the bottom with one of those little connectors to help keep them pulled down. They are a little loose on me but I have really skinny calves. Other than that, I've been extremely happy with the combination.
Found this to be spot on.  They'll ride up if you don't do this.

wchadw

Anyone ever had a strike on turtle skin boots/gaiters? Just curious. I have boots with turtle skin

KentuckyHeadhunter

Quote from: wchadw on May 12, 2023, 03:26:56 PM
Anyone ever had a strike on turtle skin boots/gaiters? Just curious. I have boots with turtle skin

I wear mine with Crispi Nevadas and I've been struck by a water moccasin and a copperhead while wearing them.  I did it on purpose to test them.  Works fine.  Mine stay in place without securing them in any way.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

arkrem870

Any high(er) top boot will work well. I put a mini bungee cord from the side holes around the bottom of my boot to hold in place. I've had mine for around 5 seasons. They are in great shape. And have hundred of miles on them. I wonder what the shelf life is on the snake protection. You'd think after 100 treatments of tick spray. Dirt etc they would start breaking down.
LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS