OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gun Dipping

Started by jb1069, May 09, 2023, 11:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb1069

Thinking about getting my gun dipped. Any recommendations for places in southern Indiana/Louisville Ky area? I am not looking for the cheapest. Just a good looking job and durable. Thanks

J-Shaped

Ethridge Hydrographics in Cadiz, KY.

rakkin6

Quote from: jb1069 on May 09, 2023, 11:03:48 AM
Thinking about getting my gun dipped. Any recommendations for places in southern Indiana/Louisville Ky area? I am not looking for the cheapest. Just a good looking job and durable. Thanks
Etheridge in Cadiz, KY

Have had a couple of guns done by them and they turned out great.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

olemossyhorns

Quote from: J-Shaped on May 09, 2023, 01:13:05 PM
Ethridge Hydrographics in Cadiz, KY.

I've had work done by Ethridge as well. I highly recommend him. Phenomenal finish andthe durability has held up well.

Notsoyoungturk

No experience in that local area but Rob Roberts has worked on several of my guns and does an outstanding job.

https://www.robrobertsgunworks.com/
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

WV Ridge Reaper

I have dealt with Tad at Carolina hydro graphics for about ten years now..lots of guns and a few other things done and I'm always happy..his work is good and it last

I've dealt with Rob Roberts and never again same thing with a outfit called color and camo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Personally, I'd not put the money in getting a gun dipped. Ceracoat will protect it much better. Holds up much better to the elements than dips ever will.  Just my I opinion though.

Howieg

Scott McDonald who is a forum member does excellent work .

jb1069

Thanks for the replies!

Snood Life

I mailed my M2 to get Camo dipped by one of the well know guys. I can say after 1 year it shows way more wear than expected.

If I had it to do over I would have had it cerakoted. Good luck!

chipper

Etheridge in Cadiz, Ky is pretty good, give Jerry a call. Not in the area you mentioned but Iron Horse Gunworks in Loretta, Tn is awfully good also.

lunghit

Tarjac in NY did mine and it came out flawless. Highly recommend them.

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Dtrkyman

Are dip's holding up?

My Mossberg looks like trash, factory dip, seems to be an issue with them, Benelli holding up quite well!

RLAG

Quote from: Dtrkyman on May 18, 2023, 12:31:26 PM
Are dip's holding up?

My Mossberg looks like trash, factory dip, seems to be an issue with them, Benelli holding up quite well!

I've wondered this same thing. Been debating between a dip or cerakote.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

mullet dredge

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on May 09, 2023, 06:13:40 PM
I have dealt with Tad at Carolina hydro graphics for about ten years now..lots of guns and a few other things done and I'm always happy..his work is good and it last

I second Tad at Carolina Hydro. I have had him dip, Cerakote, and drill/tap a handful of different guns over the years. Top notch work.