OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thanks

Started by timberman1979, May 09, 2023, 10:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberman1979

It's been a busy several weeks, so late posting. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who offered advice from my post back in March about taking my 4 yo on his first hunt. We had him killed by 7:30. I am pretty sure I was more excited than he was. Blessed with the Best turkey hunt I've ever been on!!

Thank you again for all the responses.

Turkeybutt

I don't know if I responded or not but from everybody at OG you are more than welcome.
Congratulations!

timberman1979

Had a little trouble in original post with pics. Hopefully this works. My wife actually went with us too. It was her first hunt as well. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guesswho

Great job.   Nothing better than that right there.   Congrats.   I bet he's a lifer now!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

timberman1979

Quote from: guesswho on May 09, 2023, 02:55:33 PM
Great job.   Nothing better than that right there.   Congrats.   I bet he's a lifer now!
Thank you. Absolutely, nothing better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tad1

Great job and thanks for sharing!
JT

zelmo1

Hunting partner till girls come into the picture. That's nice  :turkey2: Z

Paulmyr

Uh oh, the wife went too. Sounds l like you maybe pulling double duty next year trying to find birds for everybody. Remember what they say 'happy wife, happy life." Better keep her on gobblers!!! :fud: :OGani:
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

timberman1979

Quote from: Paulmyr on May 09, 2023, 08:23:38 PM
Uh oh, the wife went too. Sounds l like you maybe pulling double duty next year trying to find birds for everybody. Remember what they say 'happy wife, happy life." Better keep her on gobblers!!! :fud: :OGani:

Lol. That is what they say. I think she is done with the turkeys ????.  I have another son that will be 4 next season. So I'll still have double duty. 5 yo and 4yo. I'm looking forward to it!

Sir-diealot

That's great to hear, congratulations to both of you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Notsoyoungturk

Memories and pictures that will last a lifetime.  Congratulations!
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

timberman1979

Quote from: zelmo1 on May 09, 2023, 05:50:16 PM
Hunting partner till girls come into the picture. That's nice  :turkey2: Z

Thanks you.

timberman1979

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 10, 2023, 12:58:19 AM
That's great to hear, congratulations to both of you.

Thank you much.

timberman1979

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on May 10, 2023, 12:01:02 PM
Memories and pictures that will last a lifetime.  Congratulations!

Yes sir, it was a fine hunt for sure. I certainly will remember it....I hope he does too. Thank you!!

Muzzy61

Congrats, Great pics, thanks for sharing.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr