turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Alps Outdoorz Grand Slam Turkey Vest

Started by grayfox, May 06, 2023, 11:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayfox

Who has been using this vest & I'd like to know all your likes & dislikes. Thanks

Upfold99

Good vest! Took the kick stand out. To heavy for my run and gun style.

Seat magnets are terrible. There are multiple post about speed mod.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

grayfox

I tried the Tidewe vest with the kickstand once this season & a couple times last year. It seemed to be very well made & was very comfortable to wear even with the extra weight of the kickstand. The zippers were very quiet & smooth & it had plenty of pockets with lots of room. The kickstand's legs were not long enough so it made you recline back too far for my liking & it was just too heavy for my older body. Even without the kickstand it weighed over 5 lbs empty. I finally gave up on it & sold it a week ago.

Meleagris gallopavo

I bought 2 several seasons ago for me and my son.  They're okay.  I stopped using mine because the seat tore off the vest.  My son still uses his.  As has been stated an immeasurable amount of times here and elsewhere, the magnets that hold the seat to the vest are almost useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

slave601

I LOVE mine... I take the seat off every vest I've ever had. I took the kickstand and seat of course off. It fits snug and it's not too hot late season.
"thinnin the flock"

RiverBuck

I had one. Removed the kickstand and upgraded the magnets... Sold it. It was still too bulky for my style. If you like to bring a lot of things turkey hunting then it will serve you well. Loaded up you'll have a 20 pound turkey vest!

Mossberg90MN

It's just to heavy big and bulky and the kickstand set up isn't practical to me unless your going to camp out on some bushes or something.

I got mine pre season like 5 years ago and I used it a handful of times, I did the speed seat mod and even after that I decided to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildSpur

I just got one to share with my 13 year old depending on application.  Though heavy,  we both like it.  We likely will remove the kickstand if running and gunning.  We do plan on getting into predator hunting at some point and the kick stand I feel would be great for this. 

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

hoythunter

I like mine a lot. I use it with the kickstand it does add weight but it's really not that bad maybe thats because im used to carrying a 20 pound climbing stand in deer season.When I'm moving instead of trying to use the magnets I connect just one of the straps to the seat that holds it up. I can reach back with one hand and unhook it instantly when needing to setup in a hurry.