turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Why Does ?

Started by Howieg, May 03, 2023, 01:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howieg

Why does the God given " privilege" of chasing Gobblers make "some " folks turn into "sorry" humans ?
I've witnessed more and more of this behavior in recent times .
More and more bold face lies being spread .
More and more abuse of privileges and back stabbing fellow hunters .
It's really gotten out of hand imo .
     I can't put my finger on the exact reasons?
Is it a "status" thing ? The need for people to say there's a turkey killa ?
  I hope and pray I've never been or become " that guy"!   I'm sure when my name comes up in conversation, turkeys and probably archery come up , and that's all good .
But , at the end of the day , when God calls me home , I hope turkeys are way down the list of quality traits .  I sure hope being good Stewart of Faith / then family , fatherhood and work ethics come way before being able to get the drop on a Gobbler or a Buck deer ?!?!?
Rant over ,  love you guys ....

guesswho

It's the same with many things in life.   Some peoples successes, triggers others disdain.   The lies and backstabbing is what I hate to see and hear.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

Part of the blame is Social Media ... But some folks don't really care ....

g8rvet

I think those of us with gray on the dome can name folks like this long before Al Gore invented the interwebs.  I think more of them are on display. 

Was in a club years ago and I had a bird that I was working and got an emergency call and had to slip out of there.  One of the other members ran into me that night and said he had not been having any luck with his son.  I told him exactly where to go and where to set up and the boy killed him the next day.  Later, when the main guy running the club stepped down, that guy and his brother took it over and did not tell us we were out.  I called to ask who to pay and found out a month before the season.  We don't hunt together any more.  Not a big deal, we were not that tight, but a call would have been polite. 

I blame a lot on the me first, pee on you attitude that is becoming more and more common in society in general.  My family are school teachers and the things they tell me would shock you. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

worth612000

I guess God put humans on this earth as a Carnivore, sure we eat other things as well. But out bodies require protein from the meat to be healthy. I pretty much think this is a character flaw of some and people are more prone to vocal their opinions now days, probably from not getting an azz whooping growing up by their Dad. Wouldn't worry or care what anyone said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferocious calls

Ego can create monsters.  Humility is the beginning of all virtue.

Cowboy

Lack of God, discipline and utter disrespect for authority in children and schools. No punishment whatsoever or consequences for wrong doing. Society in whole sucks. They don't have right or wrong. This is the reason.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

Let's all post our lives on social media and become conditioned to "look at me"
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

g8rvet

Quote from: Gooserbat on May 03, 2023, 09:26:11 PM
Let's all post our lives on social media and become conditioned to "look at me"
Especially what you ate for dinner!  ::) :TooFunny:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

runngun

Greed, Envy, Egotistical Maniacs. Just to name a few things.
If I did some of the things that I have read about on here,  My Daddy would beat the crap out of me,  even today, he 71, and I am 53. And going on the things y'all say has happened to y'all I would absolutely deserve that butt whooping.  And before anyone says anything about the aforementioned butt whooping, it's a Southern thing, I don't expect everyone to understand.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Have a good one and May God bless y'all, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Tail Feathers

Well said. As much I love hunting turkeys, in the big scheme of life it isn't one of the big things we need to worry about getting right. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!