turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SwampFox Kingslyer Not Holding Zero

Started by Gentry, May 03, 2023, 11:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gentry

I'm having issues with my Swampfox Kingslayer not holding zero. Has anyone else had this issue? I really like the green circle dot, but not being able to have confidence in the sight is unacceptable!

Big Jeremy

I have had nothing but great experiences with the two of mine. I'd reach out to them...they'll probably do right by you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I had no problems with my 2 holding zero... They have great customer service, so contact them...

J-Shaped

Have you ruled out the mounting system? Turkey guns are tough on mounts. Check your bases screws and/or the screws holding the sight to the base.

ManfromGreenSwamp

Great to read the positive reviews also!
Been thinking about picking this up for a few year.
Following.

Let us know how it turns out, please?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

eddie234

Make sure to use blue Loctite

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Old Timer

No problems with mine. Like others said could be mounts.

Gentry

Thanks for the reply's. It's a sumtoy mount and basically can not move. All screws are tight. I do not think it is a mount problem. I crippled a turkey and had to run him down. I got to looking and I can visibly see the halo had moved to left of the bead. I shot it to verify and it did in fact shoot left of POA.

357MAGNOLE

I have close to 100 shots with mine and no issues. It's not perfect in design but it's held zero great. I give a much higher probability of the base being loose a hair than the sight failed but Swampfox is a good company and they will get you right.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Gentry

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 03, 2023, 11:43:53 AM
I had no problems with my 2 holding zero... They have great customer service, so contact them...

What type of mount do you use?

Greg Massey

Quote from: Gentry on May 05, 2023, 03:44:24 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on May 03, 2023, 11:43:53 AM

What type of mount do you use?
Mine is mounted on a rail that came with the gun...

bcuda

I am having the same problem with mine.

Gentry

Just giving an update. I contacted swampfox and they replaced the sight basically no questions asked. All they wanted was pictures of how it was mounted. Can't ask for anything better..

grayfox

Great to hear they took care of the problem. I hunted with mine this season & so far I love it .

paboxcall

It happens.

Had a FF3 do the same, mounted tight but POI moved each shot. No questions asked by Burris and replaced with a new unit. Glad the manufacturer took good care of you, too.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot