turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The season so far

Started by Old Timer, May 03, 2023, 10:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

Damp and wet the 1st 3 days. My main property is  brushy open fields with posted property around me. I have to be very patient for the birds to come to the fields as I no longer have access to roosting sights. On the up side very little pressure. Did here a couple gobbles on the opener, no avail.
My buddy sends me a pic of a bird with 3 beards he took late morning. He invites me for the next morning. Were out there at O dark 30. I here 1 distant gobble. He decides to go to work and told me stay as long as you like. At about 9 with no response or action I decide to try another property. Here`s where it gets funny.
I call him to give my assessment. The toms are most likely with hens come in here late morning and it most likely be more productive. He leaves work for an early lunch and kills a slammer that gobbled once at 11:45.
Our spring season is till noon. I gave him my congrats and he tells me since his tags are filled the property is mine rest of season. It just does not get better than this. Now that`s a good friend and we are closer than brothers. Good day.

Greg Massey

Good luck with your season ...

Tom007

Turkeybutt

That is a good friend! I wish you well on your pursuit and keep us posted on your success.

joey46

worth612000

Your turn. Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhoward11