OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

double beard display

Started by redwad, May 02, 2023, 04:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redwad

Looking for ways to display a double beard with the spurs. Thanks in advance.

Zobo

I have a triple I put sideways on a fan plaque with just a little dabs of glue to hold them in place a bit. To be honest it doesn't look great. It can be hard to display multiple beards so you see them distinctly.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Dutchman

I took one with four beards this year. Took off a patch of skin with the feathers and beards intact with the intention of attaching it to the front panel . Didn't like how it came out after drying. The bottom looked OK but the top showed all the downy after feathers and it just didn't look right. Ended up removing the individual beards. Might do a flat bottom plaque in front of the fan and drill holes in the bottom to glue the beards into, we'll see. Not sure how that'll look plus then I can't do the shot shell beard/ spurs like normal. Wheels are still turning, lol.

albrubacker

This what I did with a multi beard bird.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

treein dixie

Start with the largest in a 12ga brass and work down 20,28,410 then attach all of them on a leather shoe lace!

Hoytboy247

A buddy of mine has one done in a way i've never seen that looks good.  He has a piece that sticks out straight from the base of the fan and the beards are in a line.  you can see all three from the side and the front it looks 3d

captpete

Quote from: Hoytboy247 on May 10, 2023, 05:52:53 PM
A buddy of mine has one done in a way i've never seen that looks good.  He has a piece that sticks out straight from the base of the fan and the beards are in a line.  you can see all three from the side and the front it looks 3d

That sounds pretty cool. Think you could get a picture of it for us? My buddy shot a double beard a few years ago and gave it to me. I've been trying to figure out a way to display it and give it to him as a surprise gift.

Lone Star Eastern

If you zoom in, you can see how I braided the leather between the two beards, but together at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dutchman

That's a cool idea!

redwad

I would love to see this

Mossberg90MN

Here's what I did with my bird. Used the shell I shot him with, sliced it from the back and glued the beard in with a glue gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dutchman

I liked the shell idea and did the same. Had to get into the brass to get them all on it. Now to figure out the plaque...