OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Vest Comparison - Gunslinger vs Grounded Impact 2.0

Started by quackaddict, May 01, 2023, 09:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quackaddict

Any first hand comparisons between these two? Both look like solid options. I really like that the Gunslinger is like 1.5 lbs lighter...it can get hot in SC during turkey season. Who has hunted them both?
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Howieg

The gun slinger felt very cheap made imo , I like the lay out , but it's so light that I felt it wouldn't last .
I don't own a grounded , but a buddy does and it appears much better made .

WildSpur

Admittedly I have been out of the vest game for awhile however I just looked up the grounded brand and really like what I see.  I do have an ol'tom vest from around 10 years ago.  I forget what model it is (definitely was their mid grade) however though very light, it just feels cheaply made and imo was over priced though I got it on clearance. 

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

quackaddict

Anyone else ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

ScottTaulbee

I've had the gunslinger last year, I don't like it in the slightest. Cheap made, over priced, didn't care for the straps, the fit was baggy every cinched all the way down, and the pocket layout didn't fit what I like. I haven't had the grounded 2.0 but I did have the original, at the time I got it, I wasn't a fan of several things about it. Now a year later, I'd give the second version a fair shake I believe. I like the internal pockets on it. I didn't like the straps slipping on the original and it too, was too baggy for my liking, but I've since gained about 20 pounds and I feel that it'd would probably fit more how I like one to be now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk