Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Give me your top 3 choke suggestions for......

Started by 357MAGNOLE, April 29, 2023, 05:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

357MAGNOLE

Got a crap ton of Federal Grand Slam #5's 1 5/16 ounce 3" shells for cheap so I am going to roll with these for a while.  So looking for an ideal choke combo.  I have been shooting TSS and old Heavyweight shells. So I did not need to go overly tight on constriction. 

My gun is an 870 Youth with a 21" barrel.  I currently have a Carlsons .575 and a Primos Tightwad .570 looking for at least 3 more options to hit the patterning board with this summer.  Mostly interested in personal experience if you have used this combo at any point but I'm open to suggestions.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

sswv

put a factory RSFT (.572) on your list along with a Trulock .562     my 21" 870 does very well with both.   as a matter of fact they're the only Remington 20ga turkey chokes I own and I've been thru a pile of them.   I primarily hunt with #6 but have shot a load of #5's in all brands and other that LB's those Federals did really well

Lcmacd 58

I dont have a specific choke for ya ... but I would suggest a call to Rob Robert's in Arkansas and explain what your wanting and he should be able to help you out.

runngun

Give William at Sumtoy a call,  he can definitely point you in the right direction. I would recommend the following:
Sumtoy. 562
Indian Creek 565
Jebs 570 or Pure Gold 570 or 575.

You will have the best of the best in my honest and humble opinion.

Have a good one and May God bless y'all, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.