OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Getting back on the horse

Started by Farmboy27, April 29, 2023, 05:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmboy27

After basically taking a break from turkey hunting for a year I was back out this morning for opening day with my 16 year old son. We had action right from the word go but got messed up by another hunter. Later in the morning we had 2 birds coming before a nosey deer messed things up. Finally the pieces fell together and at 11:20 the boy killed a nice 2 year old. Watching that bird come in, gobbling every few steps, reminded me why I first fell in love with this game and how I missed it. I just might have to go out a few more times this year! 

guesswho

Congrats to your boy, and welcome back to the turkey woods b
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

mountainhunter1

I have stepped away a few times over the years, and when I came back it was sweeter than ever. Congrats on a good day in the woods with your son and a nice turkey. Now go get yourself one.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

worth612000

Reminds me of hunts with my 2 kids way back. Congrats to your son getting his bird and sharing your story, they last forever.

Turkeybutt

Congrats to you both! Welcome back

Gold Spur

Congratulations to the both of you on an awesome hunt. Way to hang in there and getting the job done.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Brillo

Good choices.  Have fun with that and congratulations.  The time you spent with your son will be much more meaningful as time passes.

DROCK

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Marc

Quote from: Farmboy27 on April 29, 2023, 05:29:28 PM
Getting back on the horse
Congratulations...

I took a break for a while as well during my graduate education...  Quickly realized how much I missed it!

Does that horse you got back on scare the turkeys though?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.