OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Happiness

Started by zelmo1, April 29, 2023, 11:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

I'll let the pics , if they load, tell the story. I had the privilege of guiding this wonderful young lady on her first turkey hunt. It was a memorable morning. Her and her dad are wonderful people. If I could tape any of the many hunts I have been a part of, this would have been one of my top 5. Got inside 75 yards, by an educated guess. He hammered, we set up right there. He gobbled hundreds of times on the limb and I actually saw him walking back and forth. He flies down and gobbles his brains out. I call enough to keep him interested, not hard to do. He hung up as usual at 50 and I snuck behind them and called away from him. He broke and came to the tote road and strutted right to the jake decoy I put out, old feather flex. The young lady waited till he got to 25 yards and dad gave the word. Perfect shot and a perfect day with a friend and a new hunting little buddy. Anybody that isn't smiling right now is a zombie. This is why I do this, it makes me feel good. Good luck and God Bless. Z

guesswho

Heck yeah, well done.  Congrats to the young huntress and you.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tom007

Way to go Z! Congrats on helping making her day......the smile says it all. Well done!

Greg Massey

This is awesome and what it's all about... congratulations everyone .... yes it will put a smile on our face for sure ...

RiverBuck

Great hunt! Congratulations team!

HillclimberWV

Good on you for helping a dad make memories with his daughter. Congratulations to everybody involved.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

WV Flopper

I agree! Congratulations to all envolved!

mountainhunter1

That's awesome, thanks for helping her get herself a nice Gobbler.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

JeffC

Congratulations to the young huntress, Awesome job Mr. Zelmo! Thank you for sharing.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

g8rvet

Congrats to you and her (and her daddy).  Hooked!
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Happy

Good job Z. Way to help out!

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Marc

The kind of thread I love reading!
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to the young land and good job bud.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Mabren2

That's what it's all about, congratulations to all!

3bailey3

that's a great hunt Z, congrats!