OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Oklahoma Merriam

Started by Gooserbat, April 25, 2023, 10:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

No big story just have a friend who's an outfitter in the panhandle and he was gracious enough to hook me up.

If you want on check out High Mesa Outfitters
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

JeffC

Nice Tom, Sam, love those white tail feathers. 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

2flyfish4

Awesome!

Are they true merriams? Or more likely than not hybrids? Don't mean any disrespect by the question, just curious.

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

runngun

Awesome!!!! Congratulations on your bird!!! I have been fortunate enough to have hunted that area as well.  Nothing like seeing a group of Longbeards strutting in and seeing that one or two white fans glowing!!!! They're beautiful!!! I am planning on being up in the area around the 5th or 6th of May.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Turkeybutt

Good Looking bird, Congratulations!

ncwoodsman

Gooserbat

Quote from: 2flyfish4 on April 25, 2023, 01:05:07 PM
Awesome!

Are they true merriams? Or more likely than not hybrids? Don't mean any disrespect by the question, just curious.

True Merriam
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Muzzy61

Congrats on a beautiful bird.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

CAPTJJ

Very nice, good looking tom.

Tom007

Beauty Sam, congrats....

worth612000

That is one nice looking bird. Coming from someone who's only hunted easterners

Sir-diealot

Congratulations, Merriams and Gould's are my two most desired turkey. I figured that was the area before I looked, when I was supposed to go there a few years ago we were going to go for Rio's in the Central part of OK then shoot up to the Panhadle to try to get a Marriam's on public land. Still hope to make it there someday.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gooserbat

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 25, 2023, 06:28:18 PM
Congratulations, Merriams and Gould's are my two most desired turkey. I figured that was the area before I looked, when I was supposed to go there a few years ago we were going to go for Rio's in the Central part of OK then shoot up to the Panhadle to try to get a Marriam's on public land. Still hope to make it there someday.

There's no Merriam's on public land in Oklahoma
NWTF Booth 1623

Sir-diealot

Did not know that. Must be somebody he knows, he lives there.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."