OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rogers toughman turkey vest and ol tom gunslinger?

Started by DirtNap647, April 23, 2023, 05:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

Anyone try a rogers tough man turkey vest? Wondering how you like it? Looks like possible same manufacturer as the knight hale turkey vest. Wondering if material is soft and quiet like knight and hale vest? Price is right...
Also anyone have the ol tom gunslinger vest aby feedback on it?

Callmn closer

I bought a gunslinger for a fundraiser at our NWTF banquet and was impressed with the design and quality of it.  It was designed similar to the Bob Dixon vest that I own and wear hunting, the rubber shoulder straps are softer on the gunslinger and it has enough storage for four slate calls versus two on my vest.  The vest is lighter than mine and has a much better magnet system to hold the seat when you run and gun.  The flaps on the slate call pockets are closed with an elastic loop versus a zipper n mine.  They also have a pouch to keep your sandpaper and scotch brute in so you don't lose it which I find to be very handy.  If I needed a second vest I'd buy one without hesitation, hope that helps.

Fl strutter

The gunslinger is best vest I've had I sold the fox vest just wasn't for me too heavy. Gunslinger is light very light and has more than enough pockets. The only issue I have with it is the striker slots. You will loose strikers if you use them I just put mine in front bottom zip up pocket.

DirtNap647

Is the gunslinger worth the money over the time and motion

Fl strutter

Borsy

I have a Roger's Tough Man Vest in bottomland. It seems like a solid vest for the money (especially if on sale), but I haven't used it yet cuz I always seem to grab my older cabelas vests. The Rogers vest is highly adjustable (actually goes down small enough), lightweight, and has a lot of well thought out pockets (you can carry everything needed within reason). I like it pretty well, but I have a few critiques. The material being lightweight is slightly noisy, not dealbreaker noisy, just not as quiet as cotton or polyester. The back has no padding, but there is a vertical water bladder sleeve that I cut a piece foam to put in (that definitely helps). Lastly, the butt pad isn't as thick or soft as a Cabelas speadseat, but I've definitely sat on worse. The seat has magnets that I will say seem to be sufficiently strong and lock up well. All in all i like the vest, but like i said just always seem to grab the trusty Cabelas vest.