OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli M1 Super 90 12 ga choke and other questions

Started by Mossyballs, April 18, 2023, 10:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossyballs

Just purchased a 12 ga 21" Benelli M1 Super 90.
Want a choke that can shoot both apex tss 9's and longbeard 6's (if I ever find some).
Ordered a carlsons 650 longbeard choke to get me  by for the rest of this season. What other choke do you recommend?

Also
How is the poa/poi typically with this gun?

If it's bad I may send to sumtoy for a d and t.

rakkin6

Indian Creek .665  buddy. That .650 may be to tight for TSS. In my experience .665-.675 is what TSS likes. .650 may blow the pattern out. .665 also shoots the longbeard very good. If you can't find an Indian Creek I would look at a Jebs or call William at Sumtoy.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

SumToy

try a few stock chokes or anything you have at 50 with dove loads.   See if two hit the same spot then you know POA/POI
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

twyatt

Carlsons ported .665 is what I had in mine when I use to use it for turkey.  POI was perfect and it threw an awesome pattern.  I probably still have it if you're interested