only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

When Do You Shoot?

Started by Marc, April 18, 2023, 04:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottomland OG

I meant to say hasn't not wasn't.

YoungGobbler

Quote from: GobbleNut on July 02, 2024, 01:43:39 PMFirst off, I agree with Marc's original take on the matter. The problem as I see it is that unless a guy is hunting under very controlled circumstances...and doing that all the time...there are going to be situations where each of us has to make the decision to either pull the trigger, or not.  At times, that is not a straight-up, "black or white" decision. For those of us that have hunted turkeys for any significant amount of time, I feel somewhat confident in stating that each of us has had those "gray area" situations where we pulled the trigger when we probably should not have. At least I know I have a few times. 

For those of us that hunt lots of places under less-than-ideal circumstances, I think it is the rare turkey hunter that has not had the experience of having a gobbler in what he considered to be his confident kill zone only to pull the trigger and not have the outcome he expected. Again, at least I know I have a few times. 

For those out there that have never shot and missed (or worse) any gobblers when you thought you had them dead to rights, I applaud you.  I would bet there are not many of you among us (unfortunately)...if the truth be known. 

Absolutely right.

YoungGobbler

Quote from: Bottomland OG on July 02, 2024, 03:12:30 PM
Quote from: GobbleNut on July 02, 2024, 01:43:39 PMFirst off, I agree with Marc's original take on the matter. The problem as I see it is that unless a guy is hunting under very controlled circumstances...and doing that all the time...there are going to be situations where each of us has to make the decision to either pull the trigger, or not.  At times, that is not a straight-up, "black or white" decision. For those of us that have hunted turkeys for any significant amount of time, I feel somewhat confident in stating that each of us has had those "gray area" situations where we pulled the trigger when we probably should not have. At least I know I have a few times. 

For those of us that hunt lots of places under less-than-ideal circumstances, I think it is the rare turkey hunter that has not had the experience of having a gobbler in what he considered to be his confident kill zone only to pull the trigger and not have the outcome he expected. Again, at least I know I have a few times. 

For those out there that have never shot and missed (or worse) any gobblers when you thought you had them dead to rights, I applaud you.  I would bet there are not many of you among us (unfortunately)...if the truth be known. 

I agree 100%. I'll add to this that if someone wasn't, they just haven't shot at enough yet.
There's a saying I like to say,
There is 3 types of turkey hunter.
The one who missed
The one who haven't hunted them enough ...

And the lyer  :toothy9:

NYturkey

The second I have an ethical shot on him. I don't waste any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwampRooster17

Quote from: NYturkey on July 13, 2024, 01:01:16 PMThe second I have an ethical shot on him. I don't waste any time.

X2