OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Franchi affinity 3 20 gauge compact recoil pad (found one)

Started by 901CritterGitter, April 17, 2023, 03:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

901CritterGitter

For anyone that has this gun , you know the recoil pad is hard as a brick.  Rough on the ol lady and kids shooting clays , and turkey loads. Long story short theyre impossible to find. No one makes a direct replacement.  Emailed kick eez , they researched sizes and bolt distance and had a solution.  Its a KZ105 . hoping this helps someone down the road

mountainhunter1

Thanks for sharing CritterGitter. Did is at to the length of pull? Would be good if it did.

Is that KZ105 a prefit pad (I'm thinking that is correct)? Just curious if it fit good out of the box or if you had to grind to fit, etc.

Bet you will be able to tell a big difference with the way it shoots. The original is like a brick, kind of like the earlier Remington 870 recoil pads.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

901CritterGitter

Yes it added some length.  It feels good too. Whole new gun

Tandin93

That's great! I found a limbsaver that works very well for mine! They really make a difference in the way these guns shoot! I'm glad you found one that works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

901CritterGitter

You showed me the limbsaver.  I was worried i couldn't grind on that one.  I'm so much happier with the gun.  Why you'd put a hard  pad on a "youth" type gun blows my mind

kwild835

Did the limbsaver or Kick Eez fit directly or do they need some grinding?

mountainhunter1

Quote from: kwild835 on April 19, 2023, 08:21:53 AM
Did the limbsaver or Kick Eez fit directly or do they need some grinding?

That was my main question, how did they fit? He responded and I am grateful for his post on this replacement pad to begin with, but I too was wondering if it was one of those deals (being a pre fit) where you just have to live with it being slightly off sized and not fitting the stock where it meets up.

I would like to avoid having to grind one and was hoping the pre fit one he mentioned might fit pretty well. Maybe he will drop back by and chime in on the fit.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

901CritterGitter

I had to grind the pad to fit. Sorry for not including that. The 2nd picture was showing the size difference.  And the lenght of pull is right at 13" with new pad.

mountainhunter1

Again, much appreciation for the info you provided. This will help a lot of folks because that factory pad is like a brick kind of hard. Hope your gun serves you well for a long time.