OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bushnell TRS-25 or TruGlo gobble stopper

Started by Swampfoxforeman, April 16, 2023, 03:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampfoxforeman

I have a Bushnell TRS-25, and was looking at putting it on my 870 20gauge. After thinking I wasn't sure if it wouldn't be better to buy a Truglo gobble stopper. Thoughts on the TRS-25 vs the Gobble Stopper? Thank you.

tnanh

I have been very happy with a trs-25 on a 12 gauge single shot. Gun only shoots 3 inch turkey loads but kicks me harder than any gun I have shot and the trs-25 has held up for a lot of years. I have no experience with tru glo products other than a friend bought an 870 sure shot turkey package with a tru glo product on it and it broke on the first shot. Been a few years ago so I dont remember which tru-glo it was.

krm944

I have a knock off of the TRS 25 on a 410 and I like it. It has a nice FOV and shooting with both eyes open is easy.

Swampfoxforeman

Quote from: tnanh on April 16, 2023, 05:06:46 PM
I have been very happy with a trs-25 on a 12 gauge single shot. Gun only shoots 3 inch turkey loads but kicks me harder than any gun I have shot and the trs-25 has held up for a lot of years. I have no experience with tru glo products other than a friend bought an 870 sure shot turkey package with a tru glo product on it and it broke on the first shot. Been a few years ago so I dont remember which tru-glo it was.

I have a Gobble stopper on my mossy 835 for years it never had one issue. True glo has a lifetime warranty also.

TrackeySauresRex

I have the Bushnell on my MB 500 20ga. Never an issue.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

357MAGNOLE

I have owned the TRS-25 and would choose that over the other option. But if you are open to suggestions a reflex sight is going to be lighter, give a better field of view in my opinion. I also really like the reticle on mine. It has a big circle with cross hairs. Seems perfect for a shotgun. I went with this one with a green reticle, in the middle of my third season with it and my only complaint is the lack of clicks when making adjustments but once you have it dialed in you dont have to touch it again. Also, battery tray is on the side so you dont have to unmount it and re-check your zero. Never had the battery die on me either, but I swap it before the season.

https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/kingslayer 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

ElkTurkMan

I have a gobble stopper on my 870. I have had no problems with it at all. I have had it on my gun since 2010 it's seen a lot of miles and has held its zero since originally being sighted in back on 2010

Muzzy61

I've had a TRS-25 on my 835 shooting 3 and 3.5" shells for the last 7 years. No issues and have not had to resight. Put one on  a 410 last year and no issues.
They are hard to beat for the price.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

WildTigerTrout

I had a Bushnell TRS-25 on my 20 Ga. Benelli Nova for several years with no complaints.  I removed it and installed a Leupold 1 x 4 VX I shotgun scope.  I looked for this scope for quite some time and only removed the TRS-25 because I wanted that scope on this particular turkey gun. Nothing wrong with a TRS-25.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Stevie Ray

I have a TRS-25 mounted on a Mossberg youth 20 gauge, did me good with a couple of birds this year ... I like it!

hawkeye1958

I've had both but prefer the TRS-25. Seems to fit the gun better.