OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beretta A 300 Ultima Turkey

Started by Turkeybutt, April 09, 2023, 03:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeybutt

Who has one and what do you think about it.
I know of one, new in the box in 20 Gauge, 3" Chamber, 24" Barrel done in Real Tree Edge camo at a great price.  Going to look at it tomorrow. Just looking for some thoughts on them.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tandin93

I'm interested in one of these as well. I'd really like to know the weight of one without the kick off system. I would be very interested in a 20 gauge. Let us know what you think tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntinsomd

I just bought one last week. Shot a few rounds through it with the stock choke and was pretty impressed. I do have another choke tube on the way though. The gun is a bit heavier and bulkier than my past and present inertia guns, but I knew that going in. The recoil reduction is worth the extra size for my purposes. Nice gun for the money!

BigPimpin

I bought one a couple weeks ago.  William put a choke in it and mounted my FF3.  Shot 1-7/8 oz rogue and put 406 in the 10 @ 40.  Killed a gobbler with it on Saturday.  Very nice to carry when hunting.

Now, the issue I have with it.... The forend has two tiny plastic extrusion that are supposed to fit into recesses in the receiver when assembled.   The mag cap screws down and locks it in.  The problem is those extrusions, even when fitted perfectly into location, do not keep the forend in place after shooting a turkey load.  It jumps out and the rear of the forend drops out of position about 1/8".  I'm  not the only one who is experiencing this problem.  I called/emailed Beretta and they are sending another forend.  They say the extrusions are damaged, but they still have the camo dip on them, so I'm not yet sold on that theory.  It's not a major deal, just annoying. 
I'd rather be Drivin' > Disco.

Tandin93

Quote from: huntinsomd on April 12, 2023, 04:03:36 PM
I just bought one last week. Shot a few rounds through it with the stock choke and was pretty impressed. I do have another choke tube on the way though. The gun is a bit heavier and bulkier than my past and present inertia guns, but I knew that going in. The recoil reduction is worth the extra size for my purposes. Nice gun for the money!
Quote from: BigPimpin on April 12, 2023, 09:15:25 PM
I bought one a couple weeks ago.  William put a choke in it and mounted my FF3.  Shot 1-7/8 oz rogue and put 406 in the 10 @ 40.  Killed a gobbler with it on Saturday.  Very nice to carry when hunting.

Now, the issue I have with it.... The forend has two tiny plastic extrusion that are supposed to fit into recesses in the receiver when assembled.   The mag cap screws down and locks it in.  The problem is those extrusions, even when fitted perfectly into location, do not keep the forend in place after shooting a turkey load.  It jumps out and the rear of the forend drops out of position about 1/8".  I'm  not the only one who is experiencing this problem.  I called/emailed Beretta and they are sending another forend.  They say the extrusions are damaged, but they still have the camo dip on them, so I'm not yet sold on that theory.  It's not a major deal, just annoying.

Do either of you guys have a weight on that gun? Just curious. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigPimpin

It's pretty light.  Haven't weighed it.  I compared it to my buddy's affinity 20 ga and it was about the same. 
I'd rather be Drivin' > Disco.

DUCKDIGGLER

I just got one yesterday. Turkey model 20 ga. Weight on mine is 6.55 lbs.

Can I ask what holes are you guys using on the receiver top to mount an optic?

Thanks in advance!  :OGturkeyhead:

Turkeybutt

I bought one last week and was concerned about the hole drilled in the top of the receiver which wasn't threaded and would just catch water and dirt. Nobody from Beretta could explain to me what that hole was for until I talked to their gunsmith and he told me it's for a future sight mount.
When I took it to my gunsmith he kinda laughed.
He drilled it completely out and tapped it to insert a plug. The 3" rail Beretta supplied only fits if mounted to the front two holes and doesn't match up to any of the other holes Beretta drilled in the receiver. We cut some rail and mounted the rail to match and cover all the holes on the receiver.
Made me feel better.

DUCKDIGGLER