turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Started a young man down a dark path

Started by Gooserbat, April 09, 2023, 01:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

He'll be spending his money on guns, calls, camo, tss, and such from now on.

No seriously I took my pastor's 8 yo this morning for youth season.  Long story short he missed a great long beard with my old rabbit hunting 410 and a load of fox trot 383 strokers 9.5s. We could hear this bird gobbling a long way off so after the miss we went to it and it became a pair of Jake's.  Called them in to 25 yards and he made it count.  Welcomed him to the club and carried his turkey back to the truck for him.  And then it was time for celebrating over a honeybun and root beer.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

shoer2

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Congrats young man... yep he's hooked ... LOL....

Turkeybutt

Congratulations goes out to the young man and to you for taking him hunting!

strum

Now this is what its all about ! I love the pic. And the story . Congrats

illmakeufamous

Perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger

Tom007

Notsoyoungturk

Congratulations to him and thank you for adding a new member to the legion.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

JeffC

Thank you Sam for your time and effort, congratulations to the young hunter, hope there will be many more in his future.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

ferocious calls

aclawrence

That's awesome!  These will be the future hunters who know what's it's all about, will respect the game and other hunters. We need more of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Congrats to the young man! While I am more of a sugar free red bull and jellybeans kind of guy. I can appreciate the honeybun and root beer. Nice touch

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Callmn closer

Congratulations to both of you!  I'm sure you were just as proud of that turkey as he was, nice work!!