OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help identifying a yelper

Started by Crowstalker, April 06, 2023, 10:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crowstalker

Found this yelper tucked away in my man cave. Name on ferrule is Kelly. The call runs so someone knew what they were turning. It's turned crazy thin on the inside. Might be a hair over a 16th of an inch. It's clean on the inside as well as the outside. I'm guessing cocus or maybe ironwood but probably cocus wood. I'm thinking I got it from a duck callmaker possibly like 25 years ago. Any help would be appreciated. Fun finding these old calls..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crowstalker

Crowstalker

Crowstalker

runngun

I wish that I could help you with the name.  I love old calls to shoot I love them all!!! That's cool one there.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Crowstalker

Yeah. I still haven't figured out whom I bought it from. I'll do some more digging. Thanks for the help.

Greg Massey

This doesn't help, but this is the reason i log all my calls in a book with a builder and price i paid .... new or used ... if i buy a call from a member on the forum, i log that forum name into the book also...

Crowstalker

I did that also for years but my old pc froze up and all my info is on there. Guess I'm too cheap to take it somewhere to get the info pulled off of it.  The older I got the lazier I got and quit keeping track.  I have been diligent though on everything I've acquired over the last 5 years or so. Too many calls soo little time. It's a sickness.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Crowstalker on April 09, 2023, 08:26:16 PM
I did that also for years but my old pc froze up and all my info is on there. Guess I'm too cheap to take it somewhere to get the info pulled off of it.  The older I got the lazier I got and quit keeping track.  I have been diligent though on everything I've acquired over the last 5 years or so. Too many calls soo little time. It's a sickness.
This is why i use a note book pen and pencil ....

EZ

There was a member here named muddpuppi who made trumpets that looked similar to that. Looks like he hasn't been on since January 2022. Don't know his real name, but I think his first name was Craig???

Bedge7767

Quote from: EZ on April 11, 2023, 11:57:06 AM
There was a member here named muddpuppi who made trumpets that looked similar to that. Looks like he hasn't been on since January 2022. Don't know his real name, but I think his first name was Craig???

Craig Scott he's on Facebook
Jim

EZ

Quote from: Bedge7767 on April 11, 2023, 01:48:59 PM

Do you think that's one of his Jim?

Crowstalker

I don't recognize that name at all. Doesn't mean anything but the call is at least 20 years old. Thanks guys

Bedge7767

Quote from: EZ on April 11, 2023, 02:12:26 PM
Quote from: Bedge7767 on April 11, 2023, 01:48:59 PM

Do you think that's one of his Jim?
Here's the one I have he made. This ferrule is different but it could have been newer.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Jim