turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger M3020 choke choice

Started by CB on the run, March 30, 2023, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB on the run

I just ordered a Stoeger M3020 to replace and retire my old Remington 1100 in which I ran the original .570.  The gun was ported and forcing cone lengthened so it shot well but is heavy.  Anyone know what the specs are on the XFT that comes with the M3020?  Anyone have the similar gun and a choke recommendation?  I shoot hand rolled #9 TSS 1 5/8oz of Hals' recipe.  Thanks.

bwhana

Before I sold my Stoeger, I actually got the best performance with #9 TSS loads out of the factory choke over IC, Sumtoy, Trulock, and Carlsons in various constructions.  Each gun is different and not knocking the other chokes at all, but you have to pay to play, and I would not rule the factory choke out as a solid option until you test.

CB on the run

Thanks. I got the same info from another member.  I wait and maybe have the gun ported after the season before investing in new chokes.

Seminole Custom Calls

I'm interested in this as well I just picked one up..I've also heard the stock choke does well but I haven't tested it my self yet.

Glades

What are you trying to accomplish at 40 yards?

Seminole Custom Calls

Me personally I just want a nice even pattern with little to no voids.

MCturkey

Factory choke throws a nice pattern.

I prefer the Sumtoy 570 in my 3020 with #9's.

Deer Turd

I'm shooting the factory XFT in mine.  According to Stoeger the constriction is .571.  Mine throws a really even pattern with hand load and Apex 9's.  Getting 250-270 in 10" from 40 yards.

zelmo1

Mine shot the Sumtoy .562 the best with #9 TSS handloads. Z