OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

opinion on wearing face net/cover

Started by Elidepew05, March 30, 2023, 11:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callmn closer

I like the half mask for hiding your face and pulling the bill of my cap down to help conceal.

Zobo

I started duck hunting before turkey hunting and quickly learned the importance of covering my face in the duck blind. If you're calling turkeys in close (aka turkey hunting) you should definitely cover your face with something. But it doesn't matter what you choose to do it with. I like a full face mask, I also cut out ear holes and it does help with mosquitoes somewhat. It also helps keep me warm some mornings.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

WV Flopper

If your head is any bigger than mine I feel sorry for you...

Quaker Boy has a full size one, I wouldn't wear face paint ever. Don't get the skin tight ones, bugs bite through them

roberthyman14

I use the half mask sold on mossy oak site.  Its perforated and light weight. Pull it up to the bridge of my nose. Depending on surrounding cover I may pull it up over my ears or stop it below my ears.  Its thin enough that it doesn't interfere with hearing. 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mcw3734

I use a Buff neck gaiter in camo. Very lightweight and it keeps the sun off my already sun-damaged neck. Pull it up over my nose, pull the hat brim down, good to go.

Greg Massey

Can't stand face paint ... 3/4 face mask ... it all depends on the weather which determines the ones i use ...

Bedge7767

Jim

old3toe

I've always used a face mask. 99% of the time it's what they call a half mask. I wear it around my neck and it easily pulls up over my nose just under my eyes when in a hurry to set up. A few weeks ago I picked up a couple labeled as balaclava masks that can be worn in different positions. They were on sale and I think they will be a little warmer on those cool mornings we sometimes have. One of each and I'll be ready to go. Another thing that's worth mentioning for cool weather hunts is a neck gator. You can get light weight or medium weight. I have one I picked up several years ago at an army surplus store that's lightweight and "stretchy" but still super warm. I've used that thing like crazy for anything and everything. Some cold mornings it feels like you just can't keep the chills out but if you put it on it makes a huge difference in losing body heat and staying warm. Doubles as a backup face mask as well.

TJ3152

Like others have said, I wear a half face mask also. I pull it up over the bridge if my nose and over my ears. Helps a little with mosquitoes. However my glasses do fog up some when using it which is a negative. I feel like you need to cover your face with something though.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Bedge7767 on March 30, 2023, 10:57:28 PM
Be a man. Grow a beard. Lol
After you get a certain age the beard doesn't matter it's all white ... :TooFunny:

fishr64

Yeah and on those dreary days my brother says my mostly white beard glows, so I try to keep it trimmed during spring turkey.

When I started wearing glasses I found the Quaker Boy Bandito 3/4 head net worked good with the full wire loop for my glasses and breathed decently. They're not completely fog proof but they're better than others I tried. I started wearing contacts but still wear one. The 1/2 mask or gator type are too form fitting and are annoying to me.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: fishr64 on March 31, 2023, 06:55:23 AM
Yeah and on those dreary days my brother says my mostly white beard glows, so I try to keep it trimmed during spring turkey.

That's what rubber bands are for.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

runngun

I wear a mask, thin one.  I have tried the face painting and it doesn't work for me. In Louisiana you put on Face paint, soon you will look like Tammy Faye Baker seen someone dropped the offering plate!!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Old Timer

Face mask yes and a head net at times and always a thermocell. Black flies are brutal in the swamps.

Flatsnbay

I've always worn a facemask made from netting and never had a complaint. This year I tried a buff style. I liked it until I pulled it down to get a drink of water. I noticed that i could hear so much better without the buff. I'm going back to a face mask made from netting.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk