turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

opinion on wearing face net/cover

Started by Elidepew05, March 30, 2023, 11:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elidepew05

I don't like wearing one due to limited visibility. Is it crucial to wear one? Thoughts?

Happy

Face paint. I hate them as well. Cuts down on my hearing and are just a pain in general in my opinion. I still keep one in my vest just in case but seldom use it. I had to figure out a way to hide my rugged good looks from the ladies at the local gas stations anyways.. Thank goodness most of them know me now and don't call the cops.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

BDeal

I hate them as well but will sometimes wear one if it is a real short hunt. Otherwise it's face paint for me as well. I also carry a super thin gaiter to cover my neck as well when it's too warm for a turtleneck.

Sir-diealot

Most are made for people with small heads and are very uncomfortable, I only wear them if it is buggy out and not often then now that there are ThermaCELL units.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

I think face mask is crucial. They are so weary, a face will stand out in my opinion. I don't cover my eyes, goes to the bridge of my nose. With the hat brim pulled down, it works well.....

silvestris

You have to cover your shiny face, lest you fall victim of the"White Face Running Away Gobbler."
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Yoder409

I've always worn one.  Always will.  The one I use is very unobtrusive.

I absolutely HATE face paint.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

guesswho

This is the first year in a long time that I've used one.   I started using the hat facemask combo from quickcamo.   I use the reverse hat style and so far so good.  Up until
then I used face paint which I don't like either. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Dtrkyman

The quick camo leafy hat has been my favorite, others have always been a fight and annoying!

jhoward11

In a blind NO...running and gunning YES. I don't like it when they cover my ears though. So I just cut out the holes for those radar detectors.

Mallard1897

Always wear a face mask. Sometimes I'll have to pull the sides away from my ears as not to muffle distance sounds but no other constriction issues.

That and a spare in my vest for when a hunting buddy inevitably forgets theirs in the truck or at home.

No pie facing allowed. Kinda hate duck hunting with anyone who refuses to wear one. If face paint is your thing it's gotta be face covering. Not the Cabela's magazine cover model two smudges or the kiddies arts and crafts time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ejhandler

Can't stand face paint so I use a face mask.  Often I'm sneaking in an hour or two pre-work hunt and don't want to deal with washing off face paint before heading in to the office.  I'll switch between a couple different versions of face coverings.  Much prefer the Buff brand nec gaiters but will switch to a lighter mesh face mask during our warmer Wisconsin late seasons.

Gman

I would like to use face paint but there are 2 major reasons that I don't.  First, the mosquitos are terrible & for some reason they flock to me.  And second, I sweat like a hog. (Yes, I know that hogs don't sweat)  A few years ago I bought a Bug Tamer headnet & it was the best $35 that I ever spent!

Gobbler428

I wear a light weight face mask that fits over the bridge of my nose. I pull the bill of my hat down as much as possible but still allow enough room to see well. Mask helps with mosquitoes and gnats in my neck of the woods.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gman on March 30, 2023, 04:33:18 PM
I would like to use face paint but there are 2 major reasons that I don't.  First, the mosquitos are terrible & for some reason they flock to me.  And second, I sweat like a hog. (Yes, I know that hogs don't sweat)  A few years ago I bought a Bug Tamer headnet & it was the best $35 that I ever spent!
I sweat quite profusely myself, tried carbomask and it was a wash, washed right off my face from sweat. This is what I have found works best, I do try to wait til I get in to apply it though and wipe my face off before applying. Only think I ever found better was the old Fred Bear face paint, worked great and did not come off. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009TNSAG?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Masks all steam my glasses up, cut into my eyes where people are said to get "Bags" or are so tight it I put them under my nose they become very painful very quickly. Best I have found so far is the Shocker from Allen but if it is to hot out my claustrophobia prevents from from wearing a mask at all. I do wear a boonie hat to help shadow the face when I use or should say used either.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."