Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Can You tell Me Who Made This Trumpet Call?

Started by painterjp, March 29, 2023, 03:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

painterjp

painterjp

troutfisher13111

Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

packmule

shoer2

outdoornut

Quote from: painterjp on March 31, 2023, 05:17:17 AM
Zach Farmer Made this Trumpet in 1996.
You got some great calls. I would love to see your collection.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

painterjp

I do not Post many pictures, I only did this one because I had never seen one like it before. I heard Zach may have only made 2 ? 

outdoornut

I had never seen one either.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

turkey stew

Cool historic horn. Was this trumpet made before Mr. Farmer developed his present style? Was it made to try something different?

painterjp

"This Trumpet was Patterned after Henry Davis Yelper, It has a Buffalo Horn Mouthpiece and 250 Savage Cartridge Ferrule and is made from Pink Ivory Wood" This is what Zach wrote about the call. The oldest Farmer Call I have is 1984. To answer Your question , this is just something He tried . He made his current style before and after this call was made.

turkey stew

Quote from: painterjp on April 03, 2023, 05:08:44 AM
"This Trumpet was Patterned after Henry Davis Yelper, It has a Buffalo Horn Mouthpiece and 250 Savage Cartridge Ferrule and is made from Pink Ivory Wood" This is what Zach wrote about the call. The oldest Farmer Call I have is 1984. To answer Your question , this is just something He tried . He made his current style before and after this call was made.
Thank you for the interesting information on the trumpet. Really appreciate it.

Jerbo

It certainly is a beautiful trumpet.  I like the mouthpiece.  I think it is a split v.  Hard to tell in the pic