turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's everyone up to these days?

Started by BOFF, June 27, 2011, 10:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Just checking in. Working here trying to stay hydrated. A lot of bush hogging, tractor work, and general road upkeep on various properties. I have several jobs I'm avoiding, such as a 450C dozier (taking the tranny out to repair), and a tin roof needing to be coated or replaced.

At the house we are getting an exercise room set up in the guest bedroom for the wife and I, and cleaning up the old boxes filled with "stuff" which has been sitting in the same places for years. Amazing  the things we acquire, in which we think we need.

Hope everyone is doing well.

God Bless,
David B.

redarrow

Just chillin mostly. Taking care of the church grounds.Need to get the 8n up and running.Waiting on food plot time. Usually apply round up the last of July and plant oats and peas mid Aug.

anthonyjhallen

Work, watchin my baby grow, and going to the gym.  Thats about it.  Its actually kinda nice.

GobbleNut

Since the end of turkey season, I have been trying to get several gobblers mounted for friends.  I had six birds to do for other people, plus a couple more that I am planning on mounting for myself.  I've got five done so far.  I'll probably do the last of the "friend" birds this week. 

I've got my first big game hunt of "post-turkey season" coming up starting July 1.  This will be an oryx hunt for free-ranging African oryx (gemsbok) here in southern NM.  It's pretty cool that we have these animals in enough numbers on public land to allow us to have hunts for them.  ...Not to mention that they are best eating of all of the wild game I have eaten.

I also found out I beat the NM drawing odds and drew hunts for pronghorn (September), bull elk (October), mule deer (November), javelina (January), and ibex (another one of our free-ranging exotics,...in February).  Plus, NM has extended our fall turkey season, which is over-the-counter, so we have about a month to hunt turkey in the fall this year.  I'm going to be a busy boy between now and next spring!

Of course, then there's WORK....... ;D

Hope everybody else is doing good...

Jim

hookedspur

Mowing ,Weed Eating ,and FISHING !!!!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: GobbleNut on June 27, 2011, 01:07:35 PM

I also found out I beat the NM drawing odds and drew hunts for pronghorn (September), bull elk (October), mule deer (November), javelina (January), and ibex (another one of our free-ranging exotics,...in February).  Plus, NM has extended our fall turkey season, which is over-the-counter, so we have about a month to hunt turkey in the fall this year.  I'm going to be a busy boy between now and next spring!

Good Lord...  You hit the jackpot this year.  

Thats cool they opened a fall season too.  That should make for some frosty mornings.

BOFF

Well, the dozier still isn't fixed, but the exercise room is all finished. It's gotten hotter, and it seems I've gotten lazier, and older.  :toothy12:

Hope everyone is doing well.

God Bless,
David B.

BOFF

Quote from: chatterbox on July 17, 2011, 07:53:48 PM
Picking up my cycling which took a hit due to baseball and turkey season, doing a little shooting, been working with Harrison on his pitching. He was just taught the windup by his pitching coach, and it has really picked up his velocity. I won't catch him without a catchers mitt since he broke a blood vessel in my ring finger.
Other than that, not much. Yard work, projects around the house, and getting ready to move our tree stands up by my buddies house.

Good to read Mike!!

No need to delete your post, we like almost everybody here.  :angel9:  :TooFunny:

God Bless,
David B.

hookedspur

Still mowing and fishing ,going to start riding my bicycle ,,I need to lose 10 lbs ,  :bike2:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

GobbleNut

...Getting psyched up for shoulder surgery this Thursday.  Yikes!  ....Messed up my right rotator cuff while hunting barbary sheep back in early March, and finally broke down and decided that I needed to get it fixed.  Supposed to be in a sling for four to six weeks,....hoping I can beat that time-line by a few weeks.  My pronghorn hunt is in early September, so I have to be ready to go by then!
Jim