OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester sx 3 20 gauge chokes

Started by Greenhead12, March 25, 2023, 06:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenhead12

What are you guys running for chokes and tss loads in your Winchester sx3's and sx4's

Fullfan

I have 2 sx3 long beards in 20ga.   Indian creek 555 in the one and a sumtoy 562-5 in the other. Pick your poison
Don't gobble at me...

tcbowhunter

I'm interested in this as well.  I recently picked up a cantilever barrel for my sx4 20.  I plan on trying the factory .570 along with a hevi extended range choke which is .581 with apex ninja 3" 8.5's.  Hoping to shoot this week. 

RMP

Standard Invector Plus full choke that came with my SX4.  I shot a bird this last winter at 41 paces (my pace is just about one yard) with my SX4, full Invector Plus choke, and Federal TSS #9 and only found two pellets below the neck in the body, and they were very high.  The head was plastered with shot.

Here's a 30 yard pattern with that gun and load.

tcbowhunter

Shot my x4 with the.570 briley that comes with the cantilever barrel and my .581 hevi choke.  At 30 they both seemed pretty similar, with the briley being slightly tighter.  At 40 yds though the briley seemed to have opened up more and the hevi kept a better core with a nice even pattern.  I have to shoot more but from 1 shot at 40 with each choke shooting apex ninja #8.5's 3" I had 225 in 10" with the briley and 298 with the hevi choke.

Tail Feathers

I shoot a Carlson's extended .575 in my SX3 and it does 250 in the 10" circle with Apex 9's at 40 yards.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Stingray

I use a Rob Roberts .570 with my sx4