OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Inexpensive Blind?

Started by BDeal, March 25, 2023, 05:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

I'm looking to add another blind for hunting with my teenage boys (1 at a time). Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone tried the Tidewe blinds?

Thank You!

Moore

I would say amerstep dog house blind might be your best option . I think I have seen them as low as 60.00
[

Dtrkyman

Baronette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut N Run

Paracord tied around trees with camo material draped over the rope and staked to the ground.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Duckdogdad

Only problem with an Ameristar doghouse is they can be noisy in heavy wind. I have had birds hand up from the ruffling from strong wind. They are great on calm days. Ameristar also makes a
really nice ground blind. Excellent on windy days.

quackaddict

Rhino 200s are hard to beat for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Stumpy13

We have three of the tidewe see through blinds . They should be excellent for turkey hunting . They weren't as good for deer hunting as the fabric let a lot of airflow in on cold days . After hunting on a 12 degree day my wife was ordering the ameristep thermal insulated blinds before I had even put the truck in gear to head home .

BDeal

Quote from: Stumpy13 on March 25, 2023, 11:52:42 PM
We have three of the tidewe see through blinds . They should be excellent for turkey hunting . They weren't as good for deer hunting as the fabric let a lot of airflow in on cold days . After hunting on a 12 degree day my wife was ordering the ameristep thermal insulated blinds before I had even put the truck in gear to head home .

This is good to hear. I'm leaning towards the Tidewe but also looking at the Barronett Prowler 300 but the windows look a little high on the Prowler.

Kylongspur88

Quote from: Moore on March 25, 2023, 06:30:33 PM
I would say amerstep dog house blind might be your best option . I think I have seen them as low as 60.00

This will get it done. I've hunted 2 in them. Tight quarters but it's all you need for turkeys and they'll keep you somewhat dry in a light rain/drizzle. Their too small for me to sit and draw a bow so I've only used them when turkey hunting with youth hunters or when my wife tags along. 

deadbuck

I just bought one of the 2 seater chair blinds and have used it a couple times. Light, easy to carry and set up. $109 at Rogers with free shipping. Thinking I should have got one sooner

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Duckdogdad on March 25, 2023, 07:42:05 PM
Only problem with an Ameristar doghouse is they can be noisy in heavy wind. I have had birds hand up from the ruffling from strong wind. They are great on calm days. Ameristar also makes a
really nice ground blind. Excellent on windy days.

Pretty much any blind made with that material is going to do that, one of the best ways to combat that is the one way most people do not bother to do, stake it out AND use the guy lines. Many will stake them out but fail to guy them tightly and they make a ton of noise, that will be with many blinds. Also with blinds stretch them out as you are staking them out going corner to corner and then the sides, you also end up with more room than if you just plop them and stake them. Another idea is to stick some branches in them, I am trying to remember if they have loops in them, I have one in the back room but have not used it in years. The weight will make them less apt to blow and pop in the wind. I have to order some new crossover supports for mine to hold the roof up, I no longer use it for hunting but plan to for photography.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

jimmyg97

I inherited an Academy brand blind from a buddy. I never hunted out of it, but set it up in my garage and it was easy to set up and looked well made.