OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Herters 12 Gauge TSS

Started by Spring Creek Calls, March 14, 2023, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Creek Calls

Bought a 5pack for my Model 12 or 1300. 2-3/4" TSS #9's, 1-1/2 ounce. Definitely look to be Winchester hulls. Zero shot rattle out of these 5 shells. Will test once this damn snow goes away.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Dtrkyman

Agreed, look like Winchester.

Blue collar on youtube has been getting some decent patterns with it.

ElkTurkMan

I look forward to your report. I have a model 12 featherweight with a full choke barrel and I have been wanting to take a turkey with it. These shells may be the ticket. We will see.

mountainhunter1

Early tests show the Herter's TSS to be an excellent load. They have shot really well out of everything thus far.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

owlhoot

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on March 14, 2023, 05:06:07 PM
Bought a 5pack for my Model 12 or 1300. 2-3/4" TSS #9's, 1-1/2 ounce. Definitely look to be Winchester hulls. Zero shot rattle out of these 5 shells. Will test once this damn snow goes away.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

It has been said that Winchester has been loading pistol and rifle shells for the herters brand.
I sure looks like powerpoints bullets in the few calibers rifle I purchased.
Waiting on a friend to shoot his 301 stock choke in .410 with Herters TSS. Should be soon?

So we could expect your result by late May or June? If you are waiting for the damm snow to melt there. :)

crucible7

I have loved the way they patterned in my Stevens 301 410. In fact, they shot the best for me between the Federal, Browning and Herters. Went back and bought a couple more boxes. These will be my go-to load this year and moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiefBubba

I shot the 410 shells out of my Mossberg with the stock choke and it pattern pretty good at 20 yards. Good enough that I'd hunt with. I didn't shoot past 20 because I very rarely shoot past that. I'm shooting again today so will check them. Bubba

Franklin7x57

anyone found any of the wads? Looking to see how they hold up before I try them.

jhoward11

If I saw just the hulls, I would say LB. Cost compared to LB? Waiting for results. Really like my LB. I know some have had concerns, but I must be one of the fortunate ones.

b wilt

They patterned very well how of my 870 Turkey, and I tried one on a Tom yesterday at 30 yards, he fell over sideways and never flopped at all, I ordered me and my son another box each for next year.

quackaddict

Quote from: Franklin7x57 on March 29, 2023, 11:40:31 AM
anyone found any of the wads? Looking to see how they hold up before I try them.
Pretty sure this is one of them.

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Dtrkyman

No slouch in 20ga either...friend got his wife some after a crappy box of long beards and being virtually non existent!

No details but he said the 40 looked real good!

Gold Spur

Also on YouTube, Matt Tyree has several videos patterning Herters 12 and .410 gauge TSS. He's getting pretty good patterns out to 40 yards.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!