turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 410

Started by Southernson13, March 14, 2023, 04:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernson13

I'm seriously considering selling my 301t that I won at a NRA banquet. I don't care much for NRA so I'm not hung up on having a special edition firearm. The few patterns I've seen out if the sa-410 and 500t 410 look much better than ones I've got out of the Stevens. My biggest curiosity is cycling. I can easily see the long awkward hulls of 410 causing cycling issues. Has anyone had any problems?

Greg Massey

If you post this in the 16,28 and 410 Turkey Gun part of the forum, you might get several answers . Some people never look at the general forum. 

vt35mag

I have 4 500s, no cycling issues with 3in TSS loads

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

krm944

I did a ton of research on the SA410 before purchasing. I have not discovered any users that had feeding issues with them.

shatcher

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 14, 2023, 04:44:46 PM
If you post this in the 16,28 and 410 Turkey Gun part of the forum, you might get several answers . Some people never look at the general forum.
I thought everyone started with the General Forum.  Right at the top. IMO

sixbird

I have a TriStar which is essentially the same as Mossberg.
No issues with cycling.
There IS a recall on both from what I understand (I know on the TriStar). It's an easy replacement of the bolt lock on front of trigger guard. If it has a plunger looking arrangement (small round rod) it will need to be replaced with a yoke shaped arrangement.
The turn around for TriStar is a couple of weeks. You just send trigger assembly to them, prepaid by them and they take care of it and return it fixed.
Just a heads up...
Very serviceable, well functioning guns. I wouldn't hesitate for one minute on either of them.
Cool little guns to boot!

utfan1