turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossy Oak Mr Fox merchandise....

Started by Ole Satilla, March 11, 2023, 01:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Satilla

I really have mixed feeling about what is happening with this stuff. Everyone has run to Mississippi and is buying it with absolutely zero plans to keep or use it. All they bought it for was to immediately put it on ebay to turn a quick profit. Ebay is being flooded right now with Fox Vests and Calls at ridiculous prices. I sincerely hope everyone that is doing this will never kill another gobbler.

doublespurs21

i saw the box call ,, seller asking $600. the pot call call was $300,,,,,,,,,,,,

BBR12

There is some of that happening but they sold 900 vest this morning and 400 at NWTF so the percentage is small that are doing that. I've got two riding home with me. I don't intend to sell either. I may trade one for the right thing eventually.
That being said it's hard for me to fault someone for driving however far they did and spend the night in the cold to make a nice chunk of change. It's the people that are paying that high price for something that isn't even sold out yet that blows my mind.

Ole Satilla

aclawrence

For every dummy doing that, there's another one buying the stuff at the price gouging rates.  It sucks for the people that would actually like to buy the product to hunt with.  Supply and demand I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deerhunt1988

Capitalism. Same reason Mossy Oak has real estate, a tree nursery, golf course, food plot seeds, fishing stuff, etc.

Props to the folks doing the work to turn a profit. I hope they use the money towards turkey hunting and it helps them kill many gobblers.

If you want a vest but haven't been able to get one yet, don't worry. They are producing more so everyone who wants one can get one.

Greg Massey

I was at West Point Mississippi and i can tell you A lot more people have NO plans of selling the vest, sure you have people who have no morals. But the majority will keep the vest... I just don't want the people who waited for over 24 hours and sleep in chairs in 37 deg. to NOT get a bad rap... Mossy Oak, when out of it's way for the turkey hunters last night putting out all kinds of heats and checking on people ,,, Thank you Mossy Oak for an awesome job and hospitality ... Around daylight they had around 1000 people ...

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: Ole Satilla on March 11, 2023, 01:04:35 PM
I really have mixed feeling about what is happening with this stuff. I sincerely hope everyone that is doing this will never kill another gobbler.
And I sincerely hope the Haas family never kills a gobbler again. Exploiting the resource to pedal their cheap crap at insane prices to these folks willing to pay an arm and a leg for it.

Greg Massey

It all went for conservation .... OMG ....

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 11, 2023, 01:38:13 PM
I was at West Point Mississippi and i can tell you A lot more people have NO plans of selling the vest, sure you have people who have no morals. But the majority will keep the vest... I just don't want the people who waited for over 24 hours and sleep in chairs in 37 deg. to get a bad rap... Mossy Oak, when out of it's way for the turkey hunters last night putting out all kinds of heats and checking on people ,,, Thank you Mossy Oak for an awesome job and hospitality

X2, If I had the opportunity to get one, I would treasure, and keep it. I made a tragic mistake selling my Dixon vest years ago. The Fox vest looks even nicer than the Dixon. I have to hand it to Mossy Oak, they could have Massed produced both vests on a massive scale and scored. Kudos to them for keeping them both as tributes for the chosen people that were influential to their business......I commend their morals here......
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

And if you didn't know, they had around 100 employees plus others working around the clock helping everyone... Thank you Mossy Oak for GREAT EVENT

Ole Satilla

Im not faulting Mossy Oak nor the callmakers... I'm talking about the poor individuals standing in line all night to make a quick dollar.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Ole Satilla on March 11, 2023, 01:53:14 PM
Im not faulting Mossy Oak nor the callmakers... I'm talking about the poor individuals standing in line all night to make a quick dollar.
You will have this pretty much go on with anything... But you can't fault Mossy Oak for what others do ....like i said those kinds of people have no morals ...

Dtrkyman

So now it is immoral to buy something and sell it for a profit? 

I guess the fact I don't care about the vest then I don't care if someone sells it to a fool with extra cash to pay for it. If I got my hands on one I would sell it and fund some turkey tags!

Greg Massey

I will share one other thing that happen at the Event ... Next to us was a high school freshman who had saved his money for one of the vests, an awesome young man, and we all took great care of him with food and blankets to stay warm etc... He was so proud of his new turkey hunting vest and in my opinion the look on his face was priceless as he received his vest...  A Young turkey hunter,  who listen to us tell stories and shared knowledge about turkey hunting.