OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ITS ALL IN THE SEAFOAM.......OR NOT !!!!! UP-DATE

Started by GOLD HUNTER, June 24, 2011, 06:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnturkey

I either drain the gas(run it empty) or use stai-bul to keep everything running great, except my Stihl chain saw which seems to be unbreakable, I have owned it for 20 yrs or so and never had a problem with it old gas seems to make it run better.
SEMPER FI

Tom Foolery

I use SeaFoam in everything, it's great.

$250 for a Jet Kit?  You can almost get a new carb for that, I jetted my bike for like $30.

gob09

i but bigger jets in my buoyu for like 50 bucks i noticed the OP has one they are unstoppable great 4 wheeler

GOLD HUNTER

Quote from: Tom Foolery on June 28, 2011, 11:59:00 AM

$250 for a Jet Kit?  You can almost get a new car  for that, I jetted my bike for like $30.

Thats what the ATV shop charges to clean it out and put the jet kit in  :bike2:

Tom Foolery

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on June 28, 2011, 08:08:58 PM
Quote from: Tom Foolery on June 28, 2011, 11:59:00 AM

$250 for a Jet Kit?  You can almost get a new car  for that, I jetted my bike for like $30.

Thats what the ATV shop charges to clean it out and put the jet kit in  :bike2:

Wow, you should check around online for carb info.  That is insane in the membrane! 

I put a pipe, clutch kit, did a needle valve slid mod, and set my float and I can't mechanic. 

$50 clutch kit, $30 AC3 tractor pipe, $50 for jets and I was set, all info was free.

At least it worked out and you didn't have to pay the shop.

Turkeyfan

Just last week it cost me 69.00 at the Honda shop to get the carb clean. sta bil is on my list from now on.

GOLD HUNTER

Well guys I tried to run the 4 wheeler and it still wanted to spit and sputter.  The Seafoam made it run better but did not cure the problem.  I decided to take it to the ATV shop.  I just picked it up from the shop and this is what they had to do:  Remove carb and clean it, put a new float in it and an idiling jet kit, adjusted the valves, put new spark plug in, changed oil & oil filter.  The total cost with labor was $410.11.  Now it runs top notch, like brand new.  At least I won't get stuck in the woods this hunting season. Guys just make sure you keep fresh gas and a gas treatment in the tank when storing.  It can be costly if you don't.  Hope someone can learn from my mistake. 

brian

gobbler74

GH,
I also use thermo-aid which is a good solvent for dispersing water. The cheap nasty gas coming out of these local pumps lately don't help. Also when possible run non ethanol gas ion your atv and any other small engines. There are stations that have it just gotta look for the signs. We have one here in town luckily.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"