turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ITS ALL IN THE SEAFOAM.......OR NOT !!!!! UP-DATE

Started by GOLD HUNTER, June 24, 2011, 06:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

Guys  this is all my fault and I learned a valuable lesson. I fillled my ATV up with gas in July 2010. I rode it a few times to put up deer camera's and drag deer out. I put it up in mid December and didn't get it back out til this week. I couldn't get it started so I removed the spark plug and replaced it, drained all the gas out which was bright orange. Finally got it started but it was missing and went and got seafoam and put 4 oz for a half gallon and ran it for an hour. It started running a little better and but it's not running like brand new. For now on I will be putting in sta-bil in it when I store it. The idoling jet was clogged and the seafoam helped clean it out.

Gas ain't what it used to be.

Has this happened to anyone else ?

I was lucky or this would of cost $250.00 to have a new jet kit put in.

renegade19

hookedspur

Yes it happened to me a while back and I use Sta Bil now .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

mossy835

Learned my lesson with my lawn mower, great stuff and it works!!

Ferguson

Seafoam is great for that exact purpose, but, don't leave seafoam and gas with ethanol mixed in your machine over time. They have chemicals that when mixed degrade fuel lines. Use sta-bil for storing equipment over time.

David
David Ferguson
Eminence, MO
573 226 5939

West Augusta

Quote from: renegade19 on June 24, 2011, 07:37:49 PM
I use Sta Bil in everything.

X2

The ethanol they put in gas absorbs water, rots seals and corrodes everything.
Sta-Bil takes care of it.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Old Gobbler

Same thing happened to a Go- Devil Outboard I have -

I make it a point to burn up or drain all the gas out of all my generators and outboards before a long storage
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

CASH

If you leave any equipment up for the winter that has gasahol in it, use Stabil or drain the tanks.

Ethanol blows. 
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Tail Feathers

That reminds me, I need to drain the gas in my boat.  Forgot to put seafoam in and haven't been in it since March. :bike2:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gamblinman

Other than the truck and car, I use a cocktail of Seafoam, Mercury Quikleen, and Sta-bil. Keeps all my small 2-stroke and 4-stroke motors running perfectly, season after season, year after year.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

CB on the run

Anyone use the new 'green' Stabil for their outboards?  It costs over twice as much as the red.

CB

mightyjoeyoung

I put SEAFOAM in EVERYTHING that has a motor on it or in it around my house!  Don't forget B-12 CHEMTOOL...works great for "reviving" those hard to start or rough idling motors.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

chcltlabz

I use the green stabil for my boat and  haven't had any issues.  The green stabil is designed to take the ethanol out, the red is designed to stabilize the fuel.  Really different purposes.

FYI if you buy it in the big jugs, the green stabil isn't very expensive.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

gobbler74

I use it some of my stuff..just added a bottle to my work car last week after getting some crappy gas that had it missing..doin better now
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

goblr77

I switched over from Sta-bil and started using Startron in everything. It seems to work better.

http://mystarbrite.com/startron/content/view/38/50